Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • SDG Bel air breaking me… suggestions?
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Evening all.. Having ridden on SDG Belair saddles for the last 5 years or so I’ve recently started finding mine really uncomfortable, I’m riding further and longer than I used to and I’m really not getting on with it.

Can anyone suggest some similar width/weight saddles that don’t feel like they are going to split you in two?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Find the Charge Spoons are very comfy and ridden SDG’s for ten years and may change all my saddles for these. Under £20 on fleabay to try one.

iainc

I’m needing a new bel air…. 🙂

onewheelgood

I found the same – had a Bel Air for ages and it was getting less comfortable. Now got a Selle Italia SLR XC Flow – love it, and it’s 100g lighter!

Lifer
    Free Member

Funnily enough I went from Charge Spoon to Bel Air…

iainc

My bel air on the hard tail is now threadbare, however I love it. Ti rail one right enough. Hard to part with the cash for a new one….

Nobby

I’m riding further and longer than I used to and I’m really not getting on with it.

This may be more relevant than the age of the saddle. My advice is always the same – get your sit-bones measured then start looking at saddles of the most appropriate width.

chilled76
    Free Member

Sit bones measured?

coatesy
    Free Member

Yep, they sit you on a board with a gel filled bag, and measure the imprint left.FWIW, I find Belairs very uncomfortable(almost as bad as the Fizik Gobi that left me hobbling for 3 days after a 2hr test ride-suggest not trying one), Spoons get good reports, but i’m liking WTB Rocket V (ti rails def nicer than steel).

raisinhat
    Free Member

Personally I’ve found that saddles with an upkick at the back of the suit me better, so I’ve got a rocket V, a volt, and a chrage spoon and like all of them. Saddles are such a personal thing, so maybe see if any stores in your area have loaner ones you could try out? Other than that, fit bone measurements are a great place to start.

scruff
    Free Member

I changed from a Belair to a Spoon and biggest change was how grippy the Spoon surface material is.

teamslug
    Free Member

I’ve been riding bel-airs for years and you are right that they become less comfortable. I think the padding collapses slightly so the ‘love channel’ becomes less pronouced pressing/rubbing up the vitals the wrong way!!! I’ve swapped to specialized phenom…expensive but very very good.

jools182
    Free Member

I had a bel air for years and found it great

I got a new one a few weeks ago and its really hurting my arse

have they changed the design?

commander
    Free Member

I can offer nothing than to say I have a Bel Air shaped rear, as they suit me, but they do seem to go ‘hard’ after a while and i need a new one but am choking at the price….so anyone here who needs to offload at a good price please let me know.
    Black pref.
    Happy to swap/cash make up for Charge Spoon, SDG Aliso (both used once)

Christiansen AT Live DOT co DOT uk

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve always run spoons on my bikes but bought a second hand bike recently with the SDG on it. Very similar saddles but the spoon is a little more comfortable.

Worth a try for the pennies.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘SDG Bel air breaking me… suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.