Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scum Bag Bike Thieves!!!
  • Orangecinq
    Free Member

Well, this weekend I awoke to find that my shed had been briken into and 2 bikes stolen, a great way to start a weekend of riding. The little t***s stole my new GT Power Series 24 BMX race bike and my wifes Cube Acid mountain bike, they prised the gate open without cutting the padlock (warping the posts in the process),smashed the adjoining part of the padlock bar off the shed and managed to drag both U-locked together bikes out of a small single door and over the six foot fence without anyone noticing this (I figured that this happened during the day on Friday).

If anyone sees some scally riding a blue and white Gt PS 24 or for that matter an 18″ black and grey Cube Acid, please let me know. I live in the Rochdale area so any info would be greatly appreciated, or news of the thieves being mutilated would also bring a smile to my very p***ed off face.

Thanks

loddrik
    Free Member

You have my sympathies, but how many bikes need to be stolen from sheds before people accept that it is a stupid place to keep bikes.

gingerss
    Free Member

Loddrik, have you considered that maybe the op doesn’t have elsewhere to keep his bikes? Are you suggesting that people who don’t have a garage shouldn’t keep bikes?

I should expect to be able to leave my bikes anywhere without have them nicked by some scrote. Unfortunately we don’t live in that world do we do what we can, and if that means keeping bikes out of sight in a shed then so be it.

Best of luck recovering you’re bikes Orange cinq.

PaulBecks
    Free Member

I take it from your post that you’ve heard jack**** about your bikes Al? If you fancy a tour of the area one night this week i’ll happily ride shotgun (if only eh!)

Beckett

albino
    Free Member

Orange – What area of Rochdale are you in? Post some pics of the bikes and I’ll keep my eye out for you.

I had a similar experience this time last year in Rochdale. [Here’s my sob story – it just makes me hate the little scrotes even more].

I had 2 bikes stolen from my alarmed garage in broad daylight. After a few weeks I managed to track one bike down, get it back, (to the insurace co) and provide all the details to the police.
    They eventually arrested the guy who had it and after a lengthy process, took him to Magistrates court. However, thanks to our wonderful Criminal Justice system, his solicitor cited his right to trial by jury, (Crown Court instead of magistrates). Within a few weeks I got a standard letter from the CPS stating that it wasn’t cost effective to prosecute with the amount of evidence, and that was the end of the matter! (Apart from at my end where the insurance company would no longer insure the full value of my bikes and my premium pretty much doubled…..Not so cost-effective for me).

Sorry for the rant – But I will do what I can to help.

d45yth
    Free Member

The law on theft should be toughened tenfold…what gives someone the right to take an others property!
    On the odd chance that a prolific thief gets caught and they own up to other thefts they’ve commited (TIC’s – Taken into considerations), it goes in their favour and they do less time?!? WTF! 😯

p.s. hope you get them back!

ds3000
    Free Member

Bastards, they’ll get what’s coming to them, feel for you…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scum Bag Bike Thieves!!!’ is closed to new replies.