• This topic has 101 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Scum
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He might be large but if he’s working on roofs changing soffits etc he’s probably quite agile and flexible.

I’ve known some very large roofers more agile than gorillas 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

T-shirt was a present for his 8 year old daughter

martinhutch

Be interesting to see if your review ever appears on Checkatrade. 🙂

Speshpaul

“The owner of the rubbish is the builder, he went out and bought the stuff, the fact he had soffit left over has nothing to do with the home owner, imo. “

Oh you would be surprised!
    We had a site that following a road improvement was on the end of a dead end. Top tipping stop!
    It became a 3 times a week visit to manage down the tippers.
    Most of them are so **** stupid they leave a ID, address, receipt, account number, A PASSPORT!!!!.
    We caught the same PVC windows guy twice! made him come back and clear up photographed him doing it.
    “Hello Mrs Jones, I’m X from Y, I understand that you have had new PVC windows fitted. How do I Know?….
    We have instructed our contractor to clear the site in 2 days time, at a cost of £500. which we will pursue you for.”
    Never failed yet.

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

I have found receipts (with their address) in rubbish dumped so here is what I do. Put the receipt in an envelope and send it to them without a stamp!! They will have to pay postage plus a £1 to get the letter. I put a note inside saying I found this receipt in a load of rubbish dumped at such and such a place. They may think twice about ever doing it again.

GrahamS

I have found receipts (with their address) in rubbish dumped so here is what I do.

Can’t help thinking you’d have been better off letting the council find the receipt and prosecute them for fly-tipping.

(Though I accept I may be putting too much faith in the legal process).

DezB
    Free Member

They may think twice about ever doing it again

Someone has too much faith in scum having the ability to think.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

They will have to pay postage plus a £1 to get the letter… They may think twice about ever doing it again.

That’d scare me off!

Or I’d just stop adding blatantly incriminating evidence to my fly tips.

Or if I was super-cunning (by Oirish traveller standards) I’d leave a note with someone else’s address!

I’m wasted in my job.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Never occurred to me that it might be travellers.

In fact, there was a receipt lying next to the mound of crap:
    I am surprised you failed to link the dumping and a caravan site together before you started this thread and I thank god STW was here to make this massive leap of deductive logic for you.
    Claiming you did not realise when you started it I call this The clarkson defence

utterly indefensible behaviour and if it is them then they deserve to be severely punished for this. I hate the dumping of stuff illegally

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

We caught the same PVC windows guy twice! made him come back and clear up photographed him doing it.

So it was the contractor then not the home owner.

DezB
    Free Member

Claiming you did not realise when you started it

Funny eh. I just have no prejudice against travellers, weirdo that I am.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Is this a “southren” phenomenon, I don’t see a lot of evdidence of fly tipping where I live, Central Scotland. There are TV programmes about it but, as I can only stand them for about 15s, it always seems to be darn saarth. Not trying to make any point in particular here just curious if this is the case. [/anti-flame disclaimer]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Scots come down south to dump their rubbish. FACT

martinhutch

Scots come down south to dump their rubbish. FACT

That’s OK, I always stick a wheelie bin’s worth in the boot when I head north and pop it off at the side of the M74.

Junkyard
    Free Member

still claims the clarkson defence

Jamie
    Free Member

Is this a “southren” phenomenon, I don’t see a lot of evdidence of fly tipping where I live, Central Scotland. There are TV programmes about it but, as I can only stand them for about 15s, it always seems to be darn saarth. Not trying to make any point in particular here just curious if this is the case.

*sets sat-nav for ‘here be McDragons’ and fills the boot with broken tellys*

bikebouy
    Free Member

In all the years I’ve been hacking the South Downs I can’t honestly think of one serious fly dumping incident, ok I’ve seen loads of branches and grass cuttings the other side of Bishops Waltham but that has to be about it.
    So there you have it, where I live it never happens 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

In all the years I’ve been hacking the South Downs I can’t honestly think of one serious fly dumping incident, ok I’ve seen loads of branches and grass cuttings the other side of Bishops Waltham but that has to be about it.
    So there you have it, where I live it never happens

*adds additional POI and puts broken fridge on back seat*

GrahamS

Is this a “southren” phenomenon

My photo was from the Newcastle area, so not very southern.

Mind you I saw plenty of fly-tipping when I lived in Glasgow and Edinburgh too, so maybe you’re just lucky or you don’t ride places where they tend to tip?

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, this was on the South Downs. 5 minutes ride from the very South Downs Way, in fact.

Junkyard
    Free Member

tbh I see very little in the North – I can only think of one in the last few years tbh and it was a little smaller than the Dez B example

Thankfully we have acres and acres of wasteland [ brown field sites] for them to dump on rather than drive into the few areas of scenery we have to dump.

project
    Free Member

Anyone not transporting their own waste needs a waste transport licence or something similar in name, and an id card, they can be stoped by vosa and vehicle impounded if they dont have the correct paperwork.

D0NK

tbh I see very little in the North

bloody posh side of rivi obviously, I’ve been seeing more and more of it, 1 on this morning’s commute infact 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

probably just more likely to be seen by teenage stoners in their corsas on my side 😉

I can only think of one pile and that is within the last few months so it is rare thankfully

epicyclo

It’s really dumb dumping stuff like that.

Everyone knows the proper way to dump it is into a canal or river.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

tbh I see very little in the North

These northern types are very good at mend and make do, they need to save their pennies.

bikebouy
    Free Member

DezB – Member

Hmm, this was on the South Downs. 5 minutes ride from the very South Downs Way, in fact.

Your part of the Downs are clearly full of pikies then 😆

Don’t give them my bit hey.. 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

it always seems to be darn saarth dyne sythe

FTFY

Dumped the old one… 😉

mattrgee
    Free Member

Do we need to email P Green and let him know the good news? i.e. his rubbish has been found and it’s ready for him to collect?

bigshep
    Free Member

Dez, email the Portsmouth Evening News they love this sort of stuff.
    Probably get a better response then from the council alone.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It’s really dumb dumping stuff like that.

Everyone knows the proper way to dump it is into a canal or river.

😆

sputnik
    Free Member

Some twunt recently dumped a load of asbestos roofing sheets at the bottom car park on Box Hill 🙁

Speshpaul

“ernie_lynch – Member
    So it was the contractor then not the home owner.”

Ok ernie here we go, the contractor is the Home owners agent, acting on their behalf – Contract- contractor. If it comes off your house and you have paid someone to dispose of it, you still have to ensure they do it legally.

Junkyard
    Free Member

By following them to the tip?

At some point it has to be assumed you made reasonable checks and the person who did it was the one who broke the law.
    IANAL – link to law as well please

Interested as that seems harsh

Spin
    Free Member

Sometimes reporting it does get results.

A load of kitchen waste got dumped in a disused quarry on a neighbour’s farm.

He called out Environmental Health and they traced it to a curry shop in a nearby town and fined them.

badnewz
    Free Member

Tony Martin for PM.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If it comes off your house and you have paid someone to dispose of it, you still have to ensure they do it legally.

In this particular case the stuff we’re talking about it (at least most of it) doesn’t appear to have been removed from the client’s home, it’s left over, eg, the contractor bought too much or whatever. Not something you would expect the client to have any control over.

But I get your point.

BTW you did say that it was the contractor not the home owner that you collared :

ratherbeintobago

Tony Martin for PM.

?

Speshpaul

It was still waste from a customers job.

“BTW you did say that it was the contractor not the home owner that you collared “

no I didn’t, I said it became a top tipping site, we caught lots of people. including the same contractor twice. By identifying the address of the home owners (delivery address’s on the PVC window packaging) telling them we would pursue them and they got on to their contractor who they had paid to dispose of the waste, to collect the waste. The same guy in two cases about 10 days apart.

duncancallum

its a probkem round rivvy couches, fridges and general shite. the iinlaws get it bad in radcliffe as they live on an old farm.

I was upset though at landegla with the amount of discarded water bottles and food wrappers. And that in a way is worse.

Poor splelling any grammar as on cheapo tablet

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Scum’ is closed to new replies.