• This topic has 101 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • Scum
  • DezB
    Free Member

Imagine how scum who do this bring up their children to behave. No wonder every park, field, woodland, etc you go to is strewn with lucozade bottles, Red Bull cans and the like

devash
    Free Member

And ‘Irish Travellers’ wonder why people hate them…….

Jamie
    Free Member

And ‘Irish Travellers’ wonder why people hate them…….

Uh-oh….

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

It’s disgusting! What on earth goes through their minds??

……and to the two tossers who needed reminding yesterday at Gisburn forest to take their litter home take heed!

Pigface
    Free Member

Incoming Incoming

mikewsmith
    Free Member

is it time for a people we hate thread. Prejudice at the ready on the count of 3 hit it with some casual racism 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Never occurred to me that it might be travellers.

In fact, there was a receipt lying next to the mound of crap:

May or may not have been relevant, of course.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Jamie > Uh-oh….

You’re suggesting that it’s grammatically incorrect to begin a sentence with and, right?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wait a minute there Miss Marple, are you stood at the scene of the crime like a local BBC reporter?

Collecting evidence? call the cops!

DezB
    Free Member

I’m waiting for the council to turn up

martinhutch

I took the trouble to pick through a pile of flytipped crap in the Dales National Park a few months back. Found a name and address for a householder whose shite had ended up there (including a cut up NHS ID card).

Passed it all onto Craven District Council. Clearly they couldn’t be arsed to either follow it up or pass it to someone who would, as I heard nothing back.

Jamie
    Free Member

I guess the problem is proving the link between the rubbish contents, and who actually dumped it.

DezB
    Free Member

I guess the problem is proving the link between the rubbish contents, and who actually dumped it.

martinhutch

I guess so, but some token enquiries with the householder concerned might be an idea.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Another trail to be christened Fly Tipper like the one in Surrey Hills.

This is indeed scummy behaviour but you have to accept that the large charges made for disposing of commercial waste have lead to a big increase in such dumping.

slackalice
    Free Member

I would be amazed if it was David Suchet who dumped it.

martinhutch

I would be amazed if it was David Suchet who dumped it.

Dunno – dodgy foreign type, isn’t he?

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ me too 😆

GrahamS

I watched them dump this lot. Around lunchtime, broad daylight, in plain view of the road and offices, they just pulled up in a transit van, tipped it all out the back, then scarpered.

I ran down to try a get photos or a license plate, but they were gone by the time I got there.

Called it in to the council immediately who were very good: took a witness statement and sent out a guy to investigate it for evidence before they cleared it.

Jamie
    Free Member

I guess so, but some token enquiries with the householder concerned might be an idea.

….or just dump it on their property.

jekkyl

I have a similar lane on one of my routes, the council it has to be said do a good job of clearing the stuff about once a month but I cycle down it the following week to find a rotting old sofa and a load of car tyres, makes me angry and sad at the same time.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Aren’t there some pretty hefty fines these day for “this sort of thing”??

wordnumb
    Free Member

I’m waiting for the council to turn up

Hope you packed a lunch. And an overnight bag.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s builder rubbish, someone who replaces soffits, like this guy Paul Green :

http://www.checkatrade.com/PGreenRoofingAndHouseMaintenan/

oldgit
    Free Member

Employ proper trades folk to avoid this. IIRC the owners of the rubbish can be held to account.

kilo

Not just a countryside problem. Round our way, Wimbledon, this has started happening, builders / workmen are just dumping neat piles of crap on wide pavements in quiet residential roads knowing the council will clear it up. Last week it was a pile of old tyres just stacked up and left.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s builder rubbish, someone who replaces soffits, like this guy Paul Green :

http://www.checkatrade.com/PGreenRoofingAndHouseMaintenan/

Hmmm, Watson. Maybe I will pass the receipt info onto the council. (And Checkatrade.)

nbt

that’s what I thought too

GrahamS

Employ proper trades folk to avoid this.

Good in theory but if ernie’s suspect is the man then he is proper trades folk with a decent checkatrade score.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The owner of the rubbish is the builder, he went out and bought the stuff, the fact he had soffit left over has nothing to do with the home owner, imo.

nealglover
    Free Member

He’s throwing away receipts for things bought for business purposes that could be claimed back for VAT/Tax purposes.

I would imagine his accounts aren’t exactly “up to date”

He’s a 3XL though, so you don’t want him banging on your door looking for payback 😉

cranberry
    Free Member

Anyone else feel like they want to make an appointment with him to see if he can do some fly tipping for them ?

kayak23

This is indeed scummy behaviour but you have to accept that the large charges made for disposing of commercial waste have lead to a big increase in such dumping.

Charges should be factored into any work carried out. Problem is that these lovely people charge for legitimate disposal but then just flytip to make more profit.

D0NK

with businesses I believe it’s their look out to hire a reputable disposal firm. Pretty sure if any of our PCs end up in landfill (or in someone’s back street) it’s our company that get a visit from police/council. Dunno how it works for individuals but I would have thought it was atleast first port of call for authorities, “prove to us who dumped your shit or you get the bill”

rossatease
    Free Member

And you’re assuming this is the first time he’ll have done this, I’m in the hang and flog em camp when it comes to fly tipping, do all that stuff listed above, council, check a trade, hell isn’t it illegal, would plod get involved, especially if he can solve it without coming from behind his computer screen?

oldgit
    Free Member

Ernie, thinking more of the house clearance stuff, like the NHS card one.

Northwind

I could do with a ton or so of hardcore delivered to a local trail, maybe I’ll hire a dodgy builder to lay a driveway and get him to flytip the excess for me

theotherjonv

Some **** has dumped a load of asbestos waste on Tunnel hill. Now surrounded by some yellow tape, but in the wind this weekend i expect it’ll have blown all over.

A couple of times i’ve noted reg numbers of ‘dodgy’ looking vans parked up at entrances to the military areas, with a view to returning later and see if they’ve dumped contents. As the title said – scum.

DezB
    Free Member

Now surrounded by some yellow tape

I think this means “Council aware”.

Have reported to council and Checkatrade feedback left. Just noticed the shirt size on that receipt I photographed – 3XL !

GrahamS

At least you know you can out run him!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Scum’ is closed to new replies.