Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Sculpt my chest
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

I’ve decided to embark on a vanity project and enlarge my pectoral appearance.

What reps/exercises for best/fastest improvements please?

Currently using resistance weights at the gym between 50 and 70kg depending on equipment used – approx twice a week in reps of 12/10/8. Have noticed some structure improvements but I want to go beast mode now and have people ask to feel me up.

Big ol’ pecs.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Clapping pressups and hands together pressups and feet elevated pressups

molgrips
    Free Member

Google hypertrophy.

km79
    Free Member

Google implants.

zilog6128

There is a theory that “sarcoplasmic hypertrophy” can be used to give bodybuilder-style muscles that are large but not as strong compared to e.g. a weight lifter.

Assuming that’s just broscience though, other than just lifting heavy & eating shedloads of clean food, it’s just down to genetics.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

other than just lifting heavy & eating shedloads of clean food, it’s just down to genetics.

You forgot steroids.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Don’t forget leg day

funkmasterp

Is disappoint that this isn’t a ‘making a treasure chest from scratch’ thread.

jimdubleyou

Just trim your chest hair, much easier…

martinhutch

Implants are the way forward. You too could look this good.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5gbqAExh1I[/video]

unovolo
    Free Member

Get some implants(and other work) and you to could look like this….

slimjim78
    Free Member

Don’t forget leg day

I need the chest improvement to help balance my Pillars of Ham. My legs make long-term body-builders swoon as I walk on by.

I’m more interested in understanding the duration/frequency required in order to make solid gains?
    I currently feel like I could continue with my existing programme and never really progress past ‘a bit firmer than before’ stage.
    Whats actually required to go ‘OOSH!’ ?

Davesport

Err! What about Synthol? Quick and easy fix for the Pigeon chested 😯

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’m no pigeon. People think my chest is big already, but its mainly moob. I’m looking for real masculine muscle gain.
    I want to be able to flex them to an appropriate tune.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m more interested in understanding the duration/frequency required in order to make solid gains?

Very simply put, from what I’ve read – lower reps of higher weight is best for strength, more reps of lower weight is best for size and also testosterone and possibly fat loss.

I did 5×5 (five sets of 5 reps) for a while, and it did seem to help cycling I didn’t lose fat or get bigger despite eating reasonably well.

Now I’m back to the gym and I’m trying 3×12 instead. It feels different because I start to get lactate build up after about 8 and I get hot and sweaty and raise my heart rate, whereas I didn’t on 5×5. Only been twice so far but I’m bloody ravenous, so there might be something in it.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Yeah, i’ve tended to stick with 12/10/8 as I was under the impression they were generally good numbers for growth gains.

Have been wondering about going lower in weight and raising the numbers significantly may help more? say, 25/20/15. etc.
    Of course with a view to increasing the weight but retaining the reps as strength increases.

I also tend to feel the burn at about rep 8.

Should I avoid resistance training and get back on the free weight.
    Im currently heavy enough to struggle with high-reps of press-ups, have never really had the upper body strength to knock out 50 in a row.

midlifecrashes

Press ups and pull ups will put some shape to what you have, but for all things gym related, I defer to Dom. (NSFW)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=003t7MfHriU[/video]

footflaps

There is a theory that “sarcoplasmic hypertrophy” can be used to give bodybuilder-style muscles that are large but not as strong compared to e.g. a weight lifter.

They’re still ridiculously strong…

twinw4ll
    Free Member

You’ll need to temper the chest pushing exercises with some pulling exercises or your on a path to shoulder pain/problems.
    I do at least 2 pulls to every push, just training one body part will end in tears, in order of bang for buck imo, squat, deadlift, bentover row, pullups, dips, pushups, overhead press and lastly bench press.
    The other option is to lose body fat, which will bring the muscles which are hiding out into the open.
    Most admirers of the male physique find a v taper back and well developed glutes more appealing.

kayak23

Jazz hands’ll do it if you do it long enough.

Davesport

Err! What about Synthol? Quick and easy fix for the Pigeon chested

That was my attempt at humour Jim. No offence meant 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

go to the offset weight pull-up/dips machine…

footflaps

I’m no pigeon. People think my chest is big already, but its mainly moob. I’m looking for real masculine muscle gain

slimjim in a few months…..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HFPnUY-Ip0[/video]

kimbers

Gynoconastia ?

sadexpunk

The other option is to lose body fat, which will bring the muscles which are hiding out into the open.

is the correct answer. a balanced weight training programme with a calorie deficit will result in a more muscular looking physique.

molgrips
    Free Member

So we’re told that weight training with calorie surplus will result in bigger muscles. But weight training with restricted calories is effective for fat loss?

sadexpunk

weight training with restricted calories will result in both fat and muscle loss, but the trick is to try and minimise muscle loss by still lifting while losing weight.
    even with losing a bit of muscle, youll look more muscular (which is the OPs goal) by losing weight, even tho your ‘numbers’ may actually be going down.

allthegear
    Free Member

Progynova Estradiol 100mcg transdermal patches.

Work for me, anyway 😉

Rachel

hols2
    Free Member

I want to go beast mode now and have people ask to feel me up.

Search for Akinwale Arobieke.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It’s all about macebells :

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAGD69oM18w&t=7s[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ReMY_xI8TU&t=157s[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TxdFAVRKb8[/video]

Love mine.

BillOddie

Death by push ups.
    Set a timer for 1 minute rounds.
    Start clock
    Do one push up in the 1st minute. rest remainder of minute
    Do two push ups in the 2nd…
    Continue until you fail.

Or do the push up grid… https://impossiblehq.com/the-pushup-grid/

rmgvtec
    Free Member

A bit of broscience but my chest grew well a few years ago when I was on the following plan, a few friends have had similar benefits.

12/10/8/6/4 chest press (pick one dont be fussy just do it properly). At the end of each set you should feel a bit broken

12/12/12 dumbell flies

10/10/10 cable flies stood up straight with a big contraction at the peak of the movement

Dips until you can do no more.

Try this twice a week with good form and you’ll see benefits.

Always do any weight training in a calorie surplus or neutral with minimal sugars involved. Look at most people who put on muscle mass, it isnt that difficult to get quite a way with it you just need to be consistant. Forgot to say make sure you do an decent volume of training with your back.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Sculpt my chest’ is closed to new replies.