Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Scuba diver scooped up in water for forest fire
  • natrix
    Free Member

Now I had always thought that the scuba diver scooped up in water for forest fire was an urban legend but cycling through the woods this morning I saw a scuba diving fin by the side of the track. Now this is probably a mile from the nearest road so not fly tipped or thrown out of a car window, nowhere near the sea and a fair way from the nearest lake (not that you’d want to dive in it anyway) so what on earth was it doing there?? ❓ I might go back and see if there is any more scuba kit there…..

Any feasible ideas as to how it got there??? Anybody lost a fin??

For the full legend, see the darwin awards http://www.darwinawards.com/legends/legends1998-03.html

nealglover
    Free Member

Your post has meant that the goal of whoever put it there has been achieved.

whitestone
    Free Member

When biking through the Highlands this summer I came across a boat near the top of a mountain and at least 100 metres higher than the nearest body of water. I couldn’t see any means by which it could have been sailed there. Do you think I’ve found Noah’s Ark?

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Natrix, that was mine. i lost it while out walking the dog (backwards) this morning

natrix
    Free Member

i lost it while out walking the dog (backwards) this morning

Is that a thing now?? Finned up dog walking??

What colour was your fin??

scaredypants

there’s parts of the new forest where those are absolutely required, even in summer

… or it was a prop from some sort of alien/mermaid deathpron photoshoot

4130s0ul
    Free Member

What colour was your fin??

it’s the same colour as the other one 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

By removing it, you’ve inadvertently ruined the final shot in a French surreallist nature documentary.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

D*mn you’re good

natrix
    Free Member

By removing it, you’ve inadvertently ruined the final shot in a French surreallist nature documentary.

Funnily enough Mrs Natrix is French so I am well aware of French surreallist nature documentaries and so I left it there (it was too big to fit in my work bag and I have no need for a single large scuba fin)

codybrennan
    Free Member

4130s0ul – Member

D*mn you’re good

Isn’t he just?

scaredypants

bah – that’s the joke 🙄

milky1980
    Free Member

Could be there for any reason. Fancy dress ride/walk springs to mind.

Once went up Pen Y Fan with a group of friends and found a proper pub pool table near the top, complete with balls, cues and triangle! We did try having a game but it was on the slant so no good. Local paper reported the next week it had been carried up there by the local rugby team as a charity exercise.

Oh and Mythbusters say no.

slimjim78
    Free Member

feeling mislead

natrix
    Free Member

alien/mermaid deathpron photoshoot

I’m still recovering from the last pron shoot I stumbled across, in an out of the way chancel (like a little church) some people have no shame 😯

stuartchilcott1
    Free Member

whitestone – Member

When biking through the Highlands this summer I came across a boat near the top of a mountain and at least 100 metres higher than the nearest body of water. I couldn’t see any means by which it could have been sailed there. Do you think I’ve found Noah’s Ark?

Is this it..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Scuba diver scooped up in water for forest fire’ is closed to new replies.