Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Screwfix SDS drill – anyone got one?
  • Ewan
    Free Member

Thinking of gettting this:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb278sds-corded-sds-plus-drill-230-240v/97533

First task would be some light breaking (bit of brick patio, then hardcore, then dirt) to make a hole to stick a 100x100mm gate post in. Second task would be to drill a 10mm hole in a brick wall to let me stick concrete screws in it to attach the other gate post.

It’ll be fine for the second task, just not sure about the first… I could hire a big breaker from HSS, but that’ll be 50 quid for the weekend, and my 18v combi struggles a bit with 10mm into hard brick.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those. It’ll do both of those things no problem. And ScrewFix were pretty good at replacing the one I knackered too:

Bought this one’s predecessor which to be fair did a pretty solid job of smashing through a load of concrete, drilling various holes etc. but the hammer action gave up within the year. Took it back and gave an honest account of how it was used. Full refund given which went on this ‘new improved with better reviews’ version. It’s going strong so far, comes with a stack more accessories and made light work of some horrible concrete foundations I had to shift a few weeks ago. No idea how long it will last but for the odd DIY jobs, it’s good to have around.

Ewan
    Free Member

Great sounds spot on. I won’t use it often – i’ve got a posh 18v hiatchi for that. Cheers for the info.

MikeG

I’ve had one for a couple of years and so far has been used to demolish a 8m run of 1m high brick wall, including the (rather inadequate) concrete footings, break up 3 or 4m of concrete path in the garden, put 2 150mm holes through the house wall with a cheapy core drill and a mate borrowed it to lift an old tiled floor in his kitchen as well as various 10-20mm holes in brick/concrete for fixings.
    It’s still going strong with no nasty noises from the gearbox, for £50 I am very impressed.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve got one of those Titan jobs it good enough for DIY jobs

Breaker is great but drill feels cumbersome and “inaccurate”… my wholes often end up a bit too big … but I guess thats the nature of the beast and the fact Im a 11 stone keyboard tapper, not a proper builder by any stretch of the imagination

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Screwfix SDS drill – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.