Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Screwdriver bits
  • Murray

What’s good? A few years ago I treated myself to some Wera Bit Check Diamonds. They’ve been great but they’re now starting to slip. Is it worth getting some more or is anything significantly better or cheaper?

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Wera are still a go to brand, we eat thousands of them (not literally) and they do last compared to others

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wera for me too – the one with the magnetic bit holder. Handy for when you need a free hand. Although, I’m a fan of also having a small box of PZ2 bits as “consumables” – but sometimes I’m over plying for parquet which can be 100+ screws per 8×4 sheet.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

There’s a neighbour here I can hear DIYing in their back garden. I don’t know what bits they’re using but I hope they’re something substantial as all I can hear is a near-constant “dg-dg-dg-dg-dg” of the screwdriver spinning in the screw heads.

cranberry
    Free Member

all I can hear is a near-constant “dg-dg-dg-dg-dg” of the screwdriver spinning in the screw heads.

Impact driver ?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGzSu5jgmPQ[/video]

z1ppy

‘liked’

except my head is about to explode..139 subsections?

Cougar

Impact driver ?

Nah, it’s definitely slipping.

Northwind

What do you actually do with it? I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Hakkin recently, never heard of the brand and they feel like a rebrander but they do some tools I wanted like long-shaft allen key bits and the like so I got a few and they’ve all been good so far. Probably wouldn’t get them for constant heavy use but for normal person screwdriving they’re suiting me very well.

BigJohn

I just use the Tic-tac boxes of De Walt PZ2 and PH2 bits for a few quid at Tradepoint. With an impact driver and mostly using Reisser screws they last forever.

maccruiskeen

I usually have a selection box of wera to cover all the bases but 99% of screws seem to be pz2 so that’s backed up by a tictac box of dewalt pz2

all I can hear is a near-constant “dg-dg-dg-dg-dg” of the screwdriver spinning in the screw heads.

A lot of people can’t tell the difference between Philips and pozidrive screws and drivers and assume they’re all the same

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Out and about today I passed three small children who were singing ‘ooh, eeh ooh ha-ha, bing, bang, walla wall bing-bang. I joined in, as one does. I heard a small voice say ‘everyone copies OUR song’.

Sorry, as you were…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Screwdriver bits’ is closed to new replies.