Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Scratched iPad screen
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Son 1 has managed to put a dozen scratches on my iPad screen. Some deep enough that they can be felt as well as seen. What are my options?

FuzzyWuzzy

Be nice in the Apple store and ask them what your options are, hopefully they’ll replace for free…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Must one book, or just rock up?

jools182
    Free Member

sell son 1, buy a new ipad

thegreatape
    Free Member

What else shall I sell to make up the difference?

Jamie
    Free Member

Must one book, or just rock up?

One should never do the latter. Never.

P.S Best to book via: http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/

zilog6128

Have a look at http://www.ifixit.com/ and decide whether you want to have a go at fitting a new screen yourself? Replacements pretty cheap on eBay. What version is it? It’s not going to be too hard a job unless you’re completely ham-fisted!

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s a 4/retina one. Ham-fisted? I couldn’t fit a screen protector and screwed it up in a rage! Do I qualify?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

One should never do the latter. Never.

That really isn’t true. Take the iPad into a shop and ask a floor assistant what the options are for repair. They’ll either book an appointment or sort you out on the spot.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ll try and book – I’m 2 hrs away, although coincidentally I’m passing tomorrow.

Jamie
    Free Member

That really isn’t true. Take the iPad into a shop and ask a floor assistant what the options are for repair. They’ll either book an appointment or sort you out on the spot.

I was referring to using the term ‘rock up’.

thegreatape
    Free Member

They’re full tomorrow. I’ll wing it. Maybe I’ll moonwalk up to the desk rather than rock up, everyone loves that.

nealglover
    Free Member

Maybe I’ll moonwalk up to the desk rather than rock up, everyone loves that.

I’d go for a very energetic “running man” all the way from the door to the desk.

(Could take about 10 minutes if it’s a big shop)

D0NK

hopefully they’ll replace for free…

what’s the hit rate for this? pretty common or if you’re lucky? (scratches also caused by son 1)

thegreatape
    Free Member

If they turn me away after the moonwalk I’ll leave, turn my jacket inside out, and try that Neal.

Jamie
    Free Member

Maybe I’ll moonwalk up to the desk rather than rock up, everyone loves that.

I guarantee they will sort it out then and there if you do that. Hipsters love the moonwalk.

McHamish
    Free Member

I had to get my phone replaced and when I went I was told to book an appointment. Booked the next available appointment and when I turned up they were allowing anyone to be seen…didn’t seem to matter if you had an appointment or not.

So yeah, you need to book an appointment apparently, but don’t be surprised if you get seen after people who haven’t booked an appointment.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Oh well. I had to resort to twerking before the genius gatekeeper would even look at my iPad, and then he said I could have a new one for £200. So I started doing the truffle shuffle hoping for a reduction on that, but was asked to leave.

footflaps

If they don’t offer to replace it FoC on the spot, there is only one option left:

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Scratched iPad screen’ is closed to new replies.