Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scratched garmin 705
  • bobbingbuoy
    Free Member

I have very light scuffs or scratches on the screen on my garmin 705 edge , has anybody got a tried and tested way of removing these ? Obviously I have read different methods on google I.e. Toothpaste , brasso etc etc but neither worked , they are really only tiny scratches but I know they’re there !! Has anybody actually done it successfully and how ? Cheers

druidh
    Free Member

Toothpaste/brasso should work. You just need a soft cloth and lots of patience.

leffeboy

I’ve never got toothpaste to work for this sort of thing andr I would avoid brassy on plastic ( although I may be wrong). The closest I’ve come to success is using some scratch remover for car bodywork. I know that toothpaste is meant to be similar but my guess is that it depends on the sort of toothpaste. The baking soda stuff might work well

bobbingbuoy
    Free Member

The screen is glass btw

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmmm, glass, could be tricky. I’ve had good results with Autoglym super resin polish and paintwork renovator on plastics, but for glass you may need something more aggressive.

druidh
    Free Member

bobbingbuoy – Member
    The screen is glass btw

Are you sure? I have mine in front of me and it’s just a hard plastic. I can make a mark in it with a pin.

coffeeking
    Free Member

If it’s glass or hard plastic you can use jewellers rouge.

http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery-Tools/Jewellers-Rouge-Powder—120g-4oz-prcode-998-193&p=gs

But you have to be careful not to polish one area more than others or you end up with strange distortions in the image through the screen.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scratched garmin 705’ is closed to new replies.