Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Scratch recognition…car
  • CountZero

It won’t be perfect, but get a touch-up paint stick/pen/brush jobbie from Halfords, along with a clear coat, or get one from a main dealer for your car, and very carefully paint along the scratches, let it dry, then put the clear coat over the top. Done carefully, the scratches won’t be so obvious, and they’ll be protected from water getting under the paint. It MUST be paint, as pointed out, those crayons and pastes are not going to help.

jambourgie – Member
    Skillz Jamie. How did you do that?

Very careful use of the clone tool in Photoshop, works for spots, crow’s-feet and other blemishes on model’s faces, too.
    The hours I spent cleaning up blemishes and marks on Titleist golf balls and golf clubs for their catalogue, even creased corners on packaging. Damn, I miss that job!
    Jamie’s a bloody wizz at the Photoshop stuff, far better than I ever was. 😀

Northwind

It was this guy:

WillH

The car was clearly hit by the prop of a very small plane…

A bit like this, but smaller:

antigee

^^^^^^^^^as above angry baggage handler

or

She seems to think it more likely it happened in the supermarket car park.

front end of a shopping trolley?

hora
    Free Member

Chips away. I had something very similar when my bike (upside down both wheels off) fell against the rear quarter of a Honda FRV. The chain ring ‘danced’ down the quarter as it fell in slow-mo!

Tiny gashed dents like that. Chips away guy minor filled/sanded then matched for c £150 with a guarantee on his work.

crapjumper
    Free Member

Wot antigee said . I received something very similar a few years ago when my daughter assured me she ” wasn’t a baby anymore ” and wanted to push the shopping trolley .

brack
    Free Member

Not sure an umbrella would be rigid enough for those deep scratches..

Guess we’ll never know..

Shopping basket, trolley, malicious or Kruger ?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Our Post person used to scratch the bonnet of the car each time they came to the house with the bottom of their bag as they walked past. Not on purpose of course!

woody2000

Car hawk?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hard to get accurate scale from the picture but possibly…

They are too similar to be caused seperately I would have thought so what is there that has multiple sticky out bits that could cause the scratch pattern?

… someone with a loaded shopping basket slips, bangs the bottom of the basket against the car to cuase the initial dent and then lifts it qucikly to cause the scratches. Similar to the postman case mentioned earlier

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Scratch recognition…car’ is closed to new replies.