Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Scrapping my car
  • Eyepic
    Free Member

I have a 2004 Mazda 6 estate that has done 190K miles …so owes me nothing..
    MOT is due and it will cost £1K to get a pass.

What the the most economical way to dispose of it folks?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Advertise it truthfully and sell to highest bidder?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Put it on eBay with a truthful description. You’ll get plenty more money than the scrap value alone, at least I always have.

mattmbk
    Free Member

A local scrap dealer will give you between £110-£150 for it depending on whether they collect it or you take it to them. They should give you a receipt and fill in the relevant part of your reg document which you send to the DVLA.

hora
    Free Member

IF you want to scrap- phone around, you’d get £150-200 COLLECTED from your house.

McHamish
    Free Member

Seems to be the process where I live to abandon cars/vans etc in our communal car park…then we have to pay for it to be removed.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

Gumtree and honesty to start someone might want it.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

What does it need for its test? £1k at a main dealer could be £300 if you DIY.

andrewh
    Free Member

If you really want rid stick it up on fleabay with the scrap value as the starting bid. Do it on a free listing day if you want, won’t cost you anything to try.

dannybgoode

When Mrs Danny’s car died she donated it to the Fire Brigade to use in training exercises. I think she would have had to pay someone to get rid of it otherwise – even the scrap dealers couldn’t see value in it after they had factored in the disposing of all the oils, battery etc.

footflaps

I got £250 for my Golf as scrap, collected from my house, last year.

marcus7
    Free Member

Hmmmm what would molegrips do….. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Scrapping my car’ is closed to new replies.