Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Scrap A555 By-pass from the M60 to the A6 petition. Goyt Valley content…
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

Evening guys,

If you live around Stockport, or are one of the many bikers who ride past Bredbury hall, entering the unspoilt Goyt Valley and descending down the dark lane mud sprint to continue onto the peak forest canal and peaks beyond, i’m sure you’ll appreciate the destruction extending the Semmms “airport city” road through here would create 🙁 I ride this route many times throughout summer when heading out, and its a fantastic little pocket of countryside with cracking vistas into the hills beyond.

Please sign the petition 😀

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/danny-alexander-scrap-the-plans-for-a555-by-pass-from-the-m60-to-the-a6

ps. here are the plans

http://postimg.org/image/6aggprtgb

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I’m local too; signed it.

jimc101
    Free Member

How old are those plans? as Safeway hasn’t existed for a decade or so now

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cruzcampo
    Free Member

Cheers santacruzsi!

@jimc101 the plans are from 2001 I think, but lib dems are dragging them up again, I guess they’ll create some fresh ones sooner or later at a large cost to the tax payer! 😆

Bunnyhop

I’ve written to my MP about my feelings about this road.
    He just said come along to the meetings but as a person who isn’t very articulate I don’t feel confident enough to put my points across to the hundreds of motorists who will want this road built.

julians
    Free Member

I live in stockport and think this road is a great idea and hugely overdue.

I think it will significantly reduce the load on the existing routes .

Iguess given the responses above ill probably get a hostile reception here, but generally I think the benefits will outweigh the negatives.

Bunnyhop

julians – you are among the majority.

However I remember the new A34 being built between Kingsway (near Heald Green) and Wilmslow and within a couple of years it was bunged up with traffic at rush hour and busy weekends with shoppers heading for the out of town shopping e.g John Lewis.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I used to live in Disley and I guess this will ultimately link up with the A6 bypass upto Whaley Bridge? Again, a great idea and long overdue. That A6 is a killer of a road and I have had many a near miss on my bike on it when I used to commute along it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Scrap A555 By-pass from the M60 to the A6 petition. Goyt Valley content…’ is closed to new replies.