Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Scout Moor Wind Farm Extension – Want Your Say?
  • jamess
    Free Member

Dont know if this one’s been done already – but Peel Energy are having a public consultation on the proposed extension.
    http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/9383403.Wind_farm_extension_plan__have_your_say/
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-14878364
    They have a Community Benefit Fund which often goes unspent because people dont know about it. Could be used for tasty new singletrack or differing access up to Cragg Quarry? They wont know if we dont ask though!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

They have a Community Benefit Fund which often goes unspent because people dont know about it

http://www.peelenergy.co.uk/scoutmoor-wind-farm/habitat-enhancement-plan-the-hep £20K p.a. over 25 years?

it goes unspent because the terms were drawn so tight and for such a narrow set of criteria that is nearly useless and was a token sop to say they were doing something.

how much has actually been spent? who can spend it?

I would also try and compare their ecological assessment of the moor against the one performed for LCC to put in Cragg Quarry and the link to Lee Quarry

also the local water company is suffering from a deterioration in the catchment and so they will need to invest and Peel Energy won’t be paying.

Not to mention the vast numbers of local jobs created….

jamess
    Free Member

I’ve read that wind farm developers put £2,000 per megawatt into a fund for the community. Usually it’s all linked to sustainability and if you ask me, putting in trails and bringing people to the area for what is essentially a green pastime ticks a load of boxes. I for one will be asking Peel to contribute part of their fund to supporting this and I might drop a note to sustrans to see if they’ve got any tips. The more people that do it the more chance we have. May as well give it a go – nowt to lose.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Good luck.

Peel are not known for their community spirit.

shaxi
    Free Member

The more people that do it the more chance we have. May as well give it a go – nowt to lose.

wish that you will succeed ! 😀

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’ve read that wind farm developers put £2,000 per megawatt into a fund for the community.

I really doubt the fund exists in relation to Scout Moor

Additionally as they are going to expand/ in fill the current wind farm I doubt if there will be much moor left and what is left will to protected due to being a water catchment

as for additinal access to Cragg, there is plenty already, anything you build will be trashed by mxer’s anyway

ourmaninthenorth

Blimey, I remember writing the joint venture agreement for that nearly 10 years ago…!

Actually, I can usually see it from my desk. Not today, though. It’s a bit gloomy.

binners

Does this mean we’re going to have to double the length of the STW Turbine Rides? Actually: does anyone fancy one around Crimbo. In the snow, no doubt

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Scout Moor Wind Farm Extension – Want Your Say?’ is closed to new replies.