Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Scouselandshire
  • hairyscary

I’ve been to Liverpool once, on a return journey from the IOM. On the walk from the Seacat terminal to Lime Street station I witnessed three fights, one of which became a case of manslaughter. Kinda tainted my view of the place.

timc
    Free Member

Pretty good going for a 15-20 minute walk, but as we all know, fights happen in every town / city every weekend, granted you obviously seen an unusually high amount, unless you including some handbag moments?

Earlier this year I turned up in Edinburgh & seen two girls scrapping in the street, didn’t taint my view of the place, because I’ve travelled the UK & know these things happen everywhere!

project
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

Project my kids loved that tram and museum – kept me at a model railway for about 2 hours – the things we parents do.

Posted 14 hours ago # Report-Post

Theres a commercial vehicle transport day on 2nd October 2011, at the transport Museum, old and new buses , a few more trams,book stalls, and more to see, along with vintage bus trips.

surfer
    Free Member

I’ve been to Liverpool once, on a return journey from the IOM. On the walk from the Seacat terminal to Lime Street station I witnessed three fights, one of which became a case of manslaughter. Kinda tainted my view of the place.

Ye. Course you did! 🙄

I’m from Liverpool and still work their. I travel a lot and for Grimness, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol take some beating. Maybe they have nice parts which I dont see.

loddrik
    Free Member

And for what it’s worth, Liverpool is one of the safest large cities in the uk, yes we have amongst the worst gun and knife crime, but it’s not likely to affect the ‘man in the street’ but street crime is pretty low, you aren’t going to get mugged as much as you would in say, London, Birmingham etc. You aren’t going to get stabbed on a night bus like seems to happen in London all the time. I never feel unsafe in Liverpool.

kimbers

timc – Member

Wtf? this is not a ‘scouse’ mentality, these people exist everywhere..

Again, This will be the same in all UK cities, no denying there are bad parts of liverpool, but to think its any different to any other Uk city would be strange to say the least.

pretty ignorant post really, do you not think?

maybe it is ignorant and i do actually like the place, possibly just been unlucky with the liverpudlians ive met?

andyl
    Free Member

I grew up on the other side of the Mersey with all my gandparents still living in Liverpool so obviously know it well but as someone who didn’t live there so more from the outside.

That whole area is great if you enjoy old industrial architecture, there are some fantastic buildings and the people are (on the whole) some of the nicest in the country. I remember breaking down in London once and who were the only people who came to help? Two scousers who were lost. They pushed my car into a side road while i steered and then I helped them find their way as I had a map.

Used to go out every weekend in Liverpool and when I came to Bristol I was disappointed by how rubbish clubs were here and yes it can be rough but more often than not people will actually step in and do something, unlike other parts of the country were people will stand by and watch.

I love going back and exploring and revisiting museums and galleries I used to go to. All built when Liverpool was a rich city.

hairyscary

Ye. Course you did!

Surfer any reason not to believe me?

. Happened August 2000 and the trial was in April 2001 at Manchester Crown Court. I was called as a witness as I was the person who called the ambulance and provided first aid.

nibby
    Free Member

hairyscary – Member

Probably just unlucky and in the wrong place etc …

I’ve been to New York many many times, my first visit I witnessed a big fight and someone injecting drugs on the street.

I still think it’s one of the greatest city’s I’ve had the pleasure to visit.

It’s really interesting that Liverpool for some reason brings out a reaction in people. They either love the place or hate it. Many without having visited or given it a chance. Same about the people who live there. They hear the accent and judge them without giving them a chance.

Ignorant people. People who judge others by accent, appearance etc.

Yes there are plenty of bad people, many what I call rats, plenty of crime, unemployment etc etc.

Then again I’ve not been to a big city that doesnt have the same.

Have you? Tell me where I would like to go.

On the other hand Liverpool has a hell of a lot going for it.

Which is one of the reasons why I love the place 😀

OK LA. Calm Down!!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Scouselandshire’ is closed to new replies.