Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scottish. In America. With Guns!!!
  • JoeG
    Free Member

Effin flickr links won’t work! Goin for a ride to clear my head they I’ll eff with this later! 🙁 😡 😳 🙄

Fortunately, they didn’t have musket balls! 😀 But they did have their bagpipes! 😡

I spent the afternoon at the 250th Anniversary reenactment of the Battle of Bushy Run Website near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The battle took place when a British column (Highlanders, Royal Americans, and American Rangers) sent with supplies to relieve Ft. Pitt (modern day Pittsburgh) were ambushed by American Indians from various tribes. On the second day of the battle, the British feigned a retreat, the Indians advanced, then the British attacked the exposed Indian flank winning the battle.

JoeG
    Free Member

Ok – here it goes again. I’m “too popular” for photobucket; I hog too much bandwidth 8). So up theirs; I’ll try Flickr (but it doesn’t work quite the same). So my earlier attempt was a fail. 😕
    ————————————————————-
    Fortunately, they didn’t have musket balls! 😀 But they did have their bagpipes! 😡

I spent the afternoon at the 250th Anniversary reenactment of the Battle of Bushy Run Website near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The battle took place when a British column (Highlanders, Royal Americans, and American Rangers) sent with supplies to relieve Ft. Pitt (modern day Pittsburgh) were ambushed by American Indians from various tribes. On the second day of the battle, the British feigned a retreat, the Indians advanced, then the British attacked the exposed Indian flank winning the battle. Some photos (titles below)

[/url] DSCN1468 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    Scottish

[/url] DSCN1467 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    More Scottish

[/url] DSCN1471 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    Scottish Colors

[/url] DSCN1478 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    American Rangers

[/url] DSCN1484 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    Rangers fighting

[/url] DSCN1487 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    Scottish move forward to join the battle

[/url] DSCN1489 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    More Scottish

[/url] DSCN1491 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    Guess which ones are the cooks! 😀

[/url] DSCN1507 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    The colors

[/url] DSCN1517 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    Scottish line

[/url] DSCN1528 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    Another shot of the line

[/url] DSCN1567 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    Smoke from a Ranger volley

[/url] DSCN1569 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    American Indians

[/url] DSCN1577 by Joe____, on Flickr[/img]
    Indians a little closer

[/url]
    New monument (hard to photograph late in the day as the sun was behind it)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Nice, i used to do Wars of the Roses but i have an interest in the Colonial Wars period.

BenjiM

No wonder the American Indians lost, it’s a little one sided. Anway great pics looks a cracking day out 🙂 The memorial looks like the cover of a movie 😯 .

rickmeister

Looks like a great day out… some of those kilts look a wee bit short… like, mid thigh !

5thElefant
    Free Member

When confronted by an army of drag queens with guns I’d have running away top of my list.

McHamish
    Free Member

Why are their kilts so short?!?

scotroutes

+1

glupton1976
    Free Member

They’re not kilts – they’re little tartan skirts.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

When confronted by an army of drag queens with guns……..

You mean the Devils in Skirts ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Scottish. In America. With Guns!!!’ is closed to new replies.