Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Scottish Gritters Live
  • oldtennisshoes

http://scotgov.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=2de764a9303848ffb9a4cac0bd0b1aab

I’m particularly liking Gritty Gritty Bang Bang and Gritallica 🙂

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Thata great. Its thumping it down here with snow. Proper stuff. Ita great. Stirling based

eemy
    Free Member

My two boys got into the paper for naming “Sir Salter Scott”. But that was in the Borders, before Edinburgh nicked the name for themselves….grrrrr!

Drac

They didn’t allow Gary though.

AdamW
    Free Member

Apparently there is a Gritty McGritface in there somewhere too.

bigG
    Free Member

Not one called Louise? Opportunity missed if you ask me.

perchypanther
    Free Member

No Gritney Spears?

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Hi eemy, there is a Sir Salter Scott gritter based at Eshiels near Peebles, Edinburgh has one too. My gritter is called Lisa, not Louise fortunately. 😉

vongassit
    Free Member

Up here I think ours should be called Invisi Bill. Cause he’s bloody hard to see in action.

P20

Gritty Gritty Bang Bang. Sound like it will only manage part of the route before breaking down

tjagain

I think this is brilliant. Not just the fun names but everytime it snows people complain about gritters not being out and about. so good open government to show the moaners wrong plus a nice dose of fun

zokes
    Free Member

Just found Luke Snowwalker

joshvegas
    Free Member

I knew where the gritter was yesterday as i did 20mph behind a susuki ignis for 20miles.

Behind be thats where.

matt_outandabout

Trust me TJ, the good folk of Stirling are already abusing the council for ploughs not managing to clear every last inch of road this morning already on social meedja. 🙄

scotroutes

I’m a Moderator on the A9 Road Watch group. We have a strict policy on folk who complain about the lack of grit…..

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s all very well being able to see where they are, but that doesn’t tell you whether there’s actually any grit coming out the back of them.

(The gritter drivers are great, the Bear control room not so much. They’re a bit ‘computer says no’ because their screen says a stretch of road doesn’t need gritting, whereas the cars in ditches and people sliding about says otherwise, but they don’t seem to listen to what their drivers tell them).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Scottish Gritters Live’ is closed to new replies.