Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Scottish Feds now have speed cameras on bridges
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Coming down the M90 from Perth, oncoming cars were flashing their lights.
    The Police had a speed camera trained on my lane. Sneaky! They were hiding, Keystone Cop stylee behind trees.

Smee
    Free Member

They’re not allowed to hide with them.

crikey
    Free Member

Police in ‘trying to catch people breaking the law’ shock….

CountZero

They do this on motorways in England too, you know.
    Or is this yet another thing that those north of the border have gotten away with up ’til now.

druidh
    Free Member

Smee – Member

They’re not allowed to hide with them.

That’s my understanding too.

Houns

Prolly an ANPR camera, No need to have other police cars around for a speed camera

mcmoonter
    Free Member

A few miles earlier I saw an unmarked silver BMW with flashing blue lights chasing someone. They may be related.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

as Houns says,Anpr checking for roadtax and insurance dodgers.

juiced
    Free Member

snooper.

Fraz
    Free Member

snooper wont pick up anpr and it relies on the laser zapping someone in front of you before it will alert you…….

If they were doing speed checks there WILL have been a small sign at the side of the road before OR a standard speed camera sign on the road near to its location.

caledonia
    Free Member

Just make sure you all remember this before you all head up to Fort Bill !
    They tend to home in on big events.

rolymo
    Free Member

there’s nothing to stop a copper from hiding if they are that way inclined, waving a hand held laser or radar. don’t need to place out any signing either.

“safety” camera vans don’t hide and usually, but not always, have warning signs placed out.

more than likely anpr…….but maybe not either.

evening all, mind how you go.

colnagokid

dont speed!
    wouldnt be complainin if there was a copper hiding and keeping an eye out for bike thieves wud ya?

geoffj

[Michael Caine]There were tharsdands of em[/Michael Caine] well 3 sets any way in and around Callender / Killmahog / Doune today. They must have been **** useless by about 4pm though as it was nose to tail gridlock after that.
    Loch Katrin ferry on the best day of the year so far – whose stupid idea was that! 🙄

Garry_Lager

Got done on the M74 in Scotland last week – Don’t know if I could say they were hiding, but they were definitely being discrete. You can usually see the vans on bridges with ease, but this one was over a curve in the motorway. Line of sight to the van was against some trees and didn’t see the parasite until it was too late.

rickmeister

Dont you just love those Talivans.. Road Angels do give you a half a chance…

bruk

They are sneaky with the unmarked cars too. Got caught on the M74 a couple of years ago by an unmarked C-Class Merc.

Can’t complain too much as I did overtake them. Still road was empty on a lovely clear dry day and it is so tempting to cruise quickly down that bit of road.

Junkyard
    Free Member

**** me are the Polis really catching people breaking the law these days how **** sneaky is that eh?

I bet 30 years ago people complained about them hiding to catch drunk drivers rather than just parking outside the pub. 🙄

Spongebob
    Free Member

Driving within the speed limit on arterial roads is not difficult.

Slow down and relax!

Let “numpty” pay for the speed cameras!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Scottish Feds now have speed cameras on bridges’ is closed to new replies.