Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scottish Enduro serious Round 3 Glenlivet Bike Park,
  • thegman67

I have heard mixed reports about this trail centre. Will it be worth the trip up to compete in this event as after doing Dunkeld I am keen to do more.

euain

Last year’s wasn’t the best of Enduros. I thought there was a long thread on here of loads of us whinging about it – but I can’t find it now.

I wasn’t all that impressed last year – and the group I was with did the practice day then canned the race and went to play at Fort William instead. Others who did the race said it was good fun though so maybe we were just being grumpy. Better weather on race day can only have helped :).

As a trail centre, there’s not a lot of riding that’s as technical as you’ll find in most enduros. It’s a fun trail centre but there’s not a lot there that’s black-level. I don’t think the organisers did that well last year to find any more interesting trails – though this year could far better.

Not sure I’m helping answer your question though.. best I can do is maybe ;).

BoardinBob

They’re promising a shorter day and more varied trails this year. Last year was a 30 mile loop with very bland, flat trails. I’m tempted to try again this year for personal reasons but it’s a long way to drive if it turns out to be the same as last year.

And aye, the trail centre bits were abysmal.

It was as far removed from Dunkeld as possible. Imagine doing an enduro at Carron Valley. That bad.

thegman67

Thanks guys that’s what I an afraid of,Driving up from Glasgow paying all the costs and it’s not very good

legend
    Free Member

Imagine doing an enduro at Carron Valley. That bad.

That doesn’t even bare thinking about!

Northwind

I thought it was pretty much shit last year tbh. Not just the poor stages but the lack of organisation, the venue in general… And kind of capped off with them really not seeming to give a shit. I wasn’t just disappointed, I was raging, and I didn’t even get the worst of it- if i’d been sent off round the sportive route like some folks I’d have probably done murder 😆

There were some redeeming features, some of the offpiste bits build in the trail centre were actually really bloody good,. And you could put on a really nice local/fun enduro there, muckmedden style. But bottom line is you can’t just put a national level race on anywhere, and you can’t just half ass it and hope nobody notices.

I feel a bit bad slagging it so hard tbh, I’ve had a lot of good times with SES and No Fuss but this one was bollocks. If they’d got the organisation right and not pissed about with things like adding a crappy stage purely to make the race end at the trailcentre cafe, which left you with a long (unsignposted!) tarmac slog back to town, that’d have made it merely disappointing.

BoardinBob

I wasn’t just disappointed, I was raging

Pfft. I woke up on race morning and discovered my wife was having an affair. 😆

Talk about worst weekend ever…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scottish Enduro serious Round 3 Glenlivet Bike Park,’ is closed to new replies.