Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Scottish C2C. Inspire and inform me.
  • Kunstler

On Saturday I’m starting a coast to coast bikepacking ride. I don’t have a complete route fixed yet so would appreciate some input. This is what I already have in mind and want to include:

Traveling to start and end by train.

East to west. Yes I know about the wind but I want to end up on Skye and have options to continue maybe picking up the train at Arisaig. (A bit of road is okay).

Looking to include the Corrieyairack and Glen Affric through to Glen Lichd.

Braemar through to Glen Feshie is my preferred Cairngorms route having done Tomintoul and Glen Tilt last week.

It would be good to bag a couple of munros en route (preferably by bike). I’d leave the camping gear somewhere and have this as a day excursion. I’ve done a lot of them east of the Great Glen although Tolmount and Tom Bhuidhe have escaped me so far. Glen Affric?

So, what I don’t have is a route to Braemar or a start point. Aberdeen – the idea of leaving a city appeals and I’ve never been there before. Follow the Dee? Montrose and Angus Glens – I’ve done all the munros except the two mentioned above but happy to include trails not yet ridden around them. Mount Keen was an up and down route years ago. Jock’s Road? Too tough with a laden bike?

Fort Augustus to Glen Affric – there’s a couple of routes used in the Highland Trail. One better than the other?

Any input and inspiration appreciated.

boblo
    Free Member

There you go:

made to measure….

Kunstler

Thanks boblo. That was a good read. I think I read it when it was first posted.

Any more ideas anyone?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Scottish C2C. Inspire and inform me.’ is closed to new replies.