Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Scott Weiland RIP
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Just posting up my personal favourite video. Art of anarchy and Stone Temple Pilots, Sex Type thing were brill. Clearly a very mixed up sob. I’d be stunned if he ‘died in his sleep’, but still a loss:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFT1tW3XsL4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Kryton57

jesus he of STP & Velvel Revolver? He isnt old – drugs issues?

jimjam
    Free Member

Too much pilates I believe. Never a big STP fan but I’ve murdered Plush a fair few times.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

yep, the very same, only 48. Died in his sleep on his tour bus with his own band the Wildabouts. Clearly the guy had problems but always a shame when these things happen.

votchy
    Free Member

Another good front man lost to the great rock ‘n’ roll band in the sky, sad news 😥

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

😥

Northwind

Damn shame. I wasn’t a big fan of the music tbh but I saw STP in Glasgow and what a voice, and what a frontman.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Very very sad. Saw Velvet Revolver a few years ago in Manchester, they rocked!!!
    As said already, another great frontman has gone 🙁

bombjack
    Free Member

Massive shame, much preferred Velvet Revolver to STP, had contraband on only yesterday. Makes the fall to pieces video even more apt.
    He had massive drug issues, but managed to make some rocking tunes with his talent. RIP.
    \m/

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sad news, but I guess not all that surprising given his long issues with drug addiction.

I wasn’t a huge STP fan but they did some really good songs. Quite liked Velvet Revolver too. He did seem like a very good frontman though.

LS
    Free Member

Makes the fall to pieces video even more apt.

My first thought when I heard the news this morning. Not really an STP fan but I did enjoy some VR.

steve-g
    Free Member

Loved STP, will definitely be working through the back catalogue this weekend.

One of my first and best full on proper night’s out in London was Brixton to see STP on a Friday or Saturday night then after the gig straight on to Fabric then home in the morning. Must have been around 2000-2001 and they were immense.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Scott Weiland RIP’ is closed to new replies.