Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Scott Spark 50, is the lockout 'progressive'?
  • Ladders
    Free Member

Hi everyone!

Had my Scott Spark 50 for a month now and loving it!

Just wondering though? The lockout switch on mine is either on or off. The only time having lockout on seems worthwhile, is on tarmac when it is fully locked out. What I was wondering is, is the lockout progressive as the lever pulls the cable? i.e. if you hold the lever 50% shut, is the lockout 50% shut as well?

The reason for this is that I was wondering if I could adjust it so that when locked out the shocks are say 70% shut, so it’s in a ‘traction’ mode for climbing etc? Or would I die if I tried that?

I’ve also noticed that the lever seems to pull the front and rear shock together, but they are on different pullys, is it possible to make it so that the rear is pulled more than the front for climbing again etc?

Cheers for any help!

Sancho
    Free Member

I remember the Genius has a similar system that would work in two stages, where it would lock the front and half activate the rear and then lock the back as well. Not sure if you could use this lever system.

Ladders
    Free Member

Sancho, The more expensive Sparks have a ‘traction’ mode and a fully locked mode, but not sure if the lever and shocks are completly different?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Scott Spark 50, is the lockout 'progressive'?’ is closed to new replies.