Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Scott Spark 35 – Any thoughts as an all round trail, xc bike
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

As above, im after something a bit lighter and quicker than my long travel HT. I’m doing a few CRC marathons, Mountain Mayhem and possibly the trans wales in 2012, so ive been looking at the 120mm full sus market and the scott looks like a good buy.

any user experiences, or anything else i should consider?

ta! 😀

njee20
    Free Member

You need to ride one, the old one (and from reviews the new one too) requires extensive use of the TracLoc lever to get the most from it. Not a bike for those who just want to sit and pedal. Not a bad thing, will just depend on you as a rider.

See if you can get a deal on a 2011 one I reckon, there are often some very big savings on Scott, if they have stock left. Try PedalOn.

Kryton57

I’ve just been through this process testing all the common 120’s (except the spark becuase of the issues NJEE mentions) and ended up with a Yeti ASR-5 for simlar use as you, and as my everything bike.

I’ll be using a lighter HT for flat out 50k ish competitive racing/training.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Scott Spark 35 – Any thoughts as an all round trail, xc bike’ is closed to new replies.