Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Scott Spark 29er Elite?
  • scarris
    Free Member

After deciding my next ride is a 29er I rode a Trek AL Elite, a Scott Scale and Spark Pro and decided the FS is for me. Budget wise, a carbon Scott FS is beyond my budget but the Aluminium Elite is on the money. If anyone has one very interested to hear the good and bad before I put my money down. My main fear is pedal bob….had a Fuel Ex previously!, a great ride but found it a little wallowy! The Spark performed more like a hard tail, albeit a different shock to that on the Elite. Also do the Alex rims make a good wheel set, and are the Elixer 5s any good?
    Many thanks

rickon
    Free Member

With the DTSwiss Tracloc you can lockout the rear, so no pedal bob. There are two other settings – traction and fully open. So you can adjust on the fly whether you want plush or firm travel.

If you’re ridden the carbon, you pretty much know how the aluminium will feel – it’s the same geometry, just not carbon 🙂

Elixir 5’s are fine – powerful and good modulation, Alex rims are also fine 🙂 All depends on what you want the bike for really.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Scott Spark 29er Elite?’ is closed to new replies.