Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • scott shock service
  • neil853
    Free Member

whats the crack? anyone had it done? i think the bearings on my ransom need doing too.

Pete
    Free Member

Had my Genius shock serviced by Scott, don’t think there’s anyone else who can do them.. Tim Flooks used to do them but not anymore.

BearBack
    Free Member

Dont Scott do the servicing on the equaliser for free? Check the warranty book/ manual?

do the bearings first (middle rocker linkage and those above bb) and you might find that your shock is actually fine. dead/dying bearing tend to make the shock appear to have stiction etc

both sets are 6200 2RS I believe.. its a pretty easy job if you are careful.
    Make sure you put the chain stays back on properly though. You need to make sure that the axle sleeves are snug against the inner races of the bearings or you’ll have issues of knocking as the back end of the bike moves side to side.
    You can buy bearing/pivot rebuild kits (pedal-on probably) that come with everything you need, but as long as you carefully remove the old bearings, axles, sleeves etc, you shouldn’t need anything but the bearings.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘scott shock service’ is closed to new replies.