Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Scott scale sizing help
  • mullabc
    Free Member

I’m 182cm (6ft) and looking to buy a Scott scale rc with 650b wheels. I am a biy unsure over the sizing as I’m on the very high end of medium or lower end of large according to the Scott website. I’ll be using it around country lanes and cross country blasts.
    I did have a yeti ARC which I think was a medium but I measured the seat tube at 19’m whereas the geometry on the medium scale says seat tube is 17.5”. I’m not sure if wheel size makes a difference as I have only ever had 26 wheels. Anyone similar height and their experience would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

robertgray05
    Free Member

If it’s any use, you could use the geometry comparision site we built here

We don’t have the Yeti ARC yet, but you could add it yourself then compare side-by-side.

B

Jase
    Free Member

I was recently looking at the scale and decided at 5ft 11 I’d need a large, although never actually tried one so not sure how useful this info is!

Have a look at the reviews and questions on Evans for the scales.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mullabc
    Free Member

Only problem is I can’t find a geometry chart for the 26” yeti arc… unless I roughly measured it myself.
    Anyone who has a scale in a similar position to be been unsure between medium and large?

devash
    Free Member

Too many other variables besides height so a test ride is the only way. I’d say you’d most likely be happy on a large though, although you could ride both. What is the intended use of the bike? For XC mileage the large would probably feel best.

mullabc
    Free Member

Mostly cross country with the occasional visit to a trail centre

rocketman
    Free Member

188 cm here with an XL Scale. For me the riding position is quite arse-up head down but I like it. I tried an L at the same time and it was more sit-up-and-beg but reminded me of other bikes which have been too small. At 182 cm I would go for the L

anono

You’ll need a large – I’m 5’8″ and ride a medium 920 (2016 model). Used mainly for XC and whilst it feels high, it’s certainly not too big. I reckon you’d find a medium too cramped.

mullabc
    Free Member

Sounds like Large is the way to go particularly if I am doing mostly cross country. I do like having the bike quite manouverable however but don’t want to feel like I’m riding a BMX! I’m looking at the RC carbon ones.

ferrals
    Free Member

I am 5’7 and medium scale 7-something is perfect for me.. I’d go large

schmiken

I’m 5’11 and bought a large Spark 720. Wouldn’t want to have gone smaller as I’ve already swapped from an 80mm to 90mm stem.

At 6′ I definitely would not recommend a medium.

russl
    Free Member

I’m bang on 6ft and I’ve got a large Scale 960, I tried a medium and it was too small.

shifter
    Free Member

5’10” and recently bought a medium 2016 720. I’m long body/short legs, I’d say go large at 6 foot.

mullabc
    Free Member

I measured my in seam as 32″. The large scale 700 series has a standover height of 31″. Would just 1 inch be adequate space?

BearBack
    Free Member

Per the spark size thread, I’m 6ft, ride a large. I also have a scale plus 710 mixing up 27.5+ and 29. Although, if it had more standover, I’d probably would have considered an xl.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Scott scale sizing help’ is closed to new replies.