Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Scott high Octane help!!
  • trxrincon
    Free Member

Hey, I’m wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I’ve just bought this Scott high octane frame and was wondering if anyone can tell me the year of the frame, also if anyone has a pair of 222mm rear shock mounts they’d sell I’d be interested. All other info on the frame is welcome. Thank you Rob

bikerdan
    Free Member

02/03 i think but am probably wrong.

legend
    Free Member

Give it a thorough check around the headtube area for cracks (if you haven’t already) common issue on those frames

trxrincon
    Free Member

Thanks, I contacted a scott dealer who contacted scott for me and they think 04. I think its gonna be a bugger to get parts for 🙁 . I’ll check it for cracks but it seems ok to be honest.

legend
    Free Member

What bits does it need? The shock will be a fairly standard size.

Is it just the photo or is the headtube sleeve considerably longer than the headtube

trxrincon
    Free Member

The head tube sleeve isnt bolted in tightly so its sticking out the top at the min, parts I need are front shock mount and 222mm rear shock mounts. If you know of any going? cheers

PaulD
    Free Member

t,

I have an original rear shock off an Octane….Coil/Oil 190mm with G400-550 Spring.

Email if interested.

paul.r.davisAThotmail.co.uk

trxrincon
    Free Member

I’ve Emailed you Paul. cheers

argoose
    Free Member

TF tuned do rear shock mounts

trxrincon
    Free Member

Ah cool, thank you. I’ll keep that in mind.

robsoctane
    Free Member

Hi Trxrincon,

I tried to source parts from Scott for my 02 Octane and was told that they only hold parts for 6 years on any frame if it’s not made any more. I hope that helps in some way…

It should be easy enough to source second hand though.

BTW, bloody ACE bike! Well before it’s time!

trxrincon
    Free Member

As Argoose says if TF have some 222mm mounts then I should be fine. robsoctane do I need a mount for he front of the frame too or does it just bolt straight up to the frame?

trxrincon
    Free Member

Anyone else help me?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Scott high Octane help!!’ is closed to new replies.