Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • scott genius/spark
  • cocker
    Free Member

has anyone got either of these bikes 29 or 27.5?
    a guy at work can get some end of season scott bikes,
    says he can do me a deal,wasnt really looking for a new bike but im tempted with these?
    just wondered what peoples opinions are of them?

thanks

thanks

cocker
    Free Member

anyone?

njee20
    Free Member

They’re quite different bikes, very good, but may or may not be exactly what you’re after. I’m not totally sold, I always found you needed to use the Tracloc a lot to get the most out of them (Spark particularly), which isn’t really my style.

cocker
    Free Member

thanks,
    not really sure if id use the remote levers,but the same guy got one of the managers a 26″ genius for less than half price last year,and he really likes it.

crosshair
    Free Member

I love my spark 920. Fast, agile and with the lockout- it’s very versatile. I had a Scale 920 on demo and the Spark was just as fast. It’s also all day comfy. I’ve done everything from CX racing through to endurance stuff on mine and it just does it with no fuss.

Russell96

I’ve had a Spark 940 since June, first ride I did they day after I picked it up was 8 hours long which it did with no fuss at all, lockout lever is well handy.

cocker
    Free Member

thanks,
    does anyone have any experience of the genius?

BearBack
    Free Member

I’ve run a tracloc’d Scott since 2006. Didn’t take long for the lever to become much like a clutch in the car.. You use it but you don’t have to think much about it.
    The spark has been an amazing bike but this year is the first year for the last 6 I’ve not had bith spark and Genius.
    My genius is light enought to casuallybrace and burly enough to ride every trail I’d want here in Squamish.
    The newer bikes with Fox’s nude are quite different to the older DT shocked bikes.
    Better actually.
    I’d suggest that as there’s not a huge weight penalty for the Genius, if the model level you want is available in a Genius it makes sense to go straight to this and not be stuck at 120mm and give yourself the added versatility of a 150mm Genius.
    Unless of course you prefer to keep weight down and tend not to find yourself in anything needing that much travel. In that case the Spark is still a very capable bike!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at the 27.5 Genius range for ages hovering over the buy button.

Has he got anymore going 😉

cocker
    Free Member

will ask tomorrow for you,what size you looking for?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Small mate. Cheers that would be great.

cocker
    Free Member

hes gunna check on small sizes,all my size has gone in the genius,
    so im now thinking spark 27.5
    will let you know as soon as he lets me know.where abouts are you,i think he gets them dropped in wakefield at our office

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m Stockport mate but often over in Yorkshire

jimbocube
    Free Member

I have had the spark 740 for a month now and love it. It is my first FS but I do alot of XC so being able to lock the suspension completely is brilliant. Haven’t had a chance to really test it on a trail centre yet but off to do the Brecon Beast next week. So far I have found descending like rolling on air it’s great.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘scott genius/spark’ is closed to new replies.