Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scott Genius Plus with 29er wheels
  • mbqwerty
    Free Member

A friend of mine is trying to decide on a new bike – he’s pretty set on a long-travel 29er, and has found the Scott Genius LT 710 with plus wheels and a damn good price.

Has anyone had any experience fitting 29er wheels into the plus-sized genius’? Do they fit with decent clearance?

euans2
    Free Member

Check out this link from GMBR.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I75unORpMPM

Neil Donoghue’s LT 700 Plus is running as a 29’er

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Ah cheers! I tried searching for that but just came up with the other bike-check with the 650b one. Clearance on that rear looks a bit tight on the seatstay bridge :-S

BearBack
    Free Member

Remy absolon runs/ran his Lt as a 29er, however be aware that with factory riders there is every chance that they mix and match frame components to get the end result they want.iirc he ran an alloy plus rear triangle on the tuned 27.5 front triangle.
    I can confirm that a 29″ wheel with 2.4 Conti mk2 fits in the new Spark plus frame (alloy rear triangle) and a 29 fits a scale plus.

euans2
    Free Member

The 700 LT Tuned Plus comes with an alloy rear from the factory, it’s only the non plus bikes that came with the full carbon rear

BearBack
    Free Member

Ah, thanks for clarifying.
    Remy’s 29 mule was a non-plus LT front with an alloy plus rear.
    The 710 LT plus the op mentions as you say would have that same alloy rear triangle. Fortunately not many 2.4 tires running higher volume that the Trail King per your link above so most anything else should fit and most with more clearance.
    For 2017 all LT’s are plus bikes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Scott Genius Plus with 29er wheels’ is closed to new replies.