Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scott Genius from 2011. Any good or avoid?
  • uphillcursing
    Free Member

Have seen a Scott Genius LT40 going cheap. Is it worth a punt? Shock setup looks a bit left field and non standard shock?

Any thoughts?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Bumpety bump for the non night owls.

Seems to be few of these advertised as clearance items locally with heavy discounts. Should alarm bells be ringing?

TooTall
    Free Member

I had an older Genius and wouldn’t have sold it for the world – apart from me discovering 29ers. The shock works brilliantly and has been around for a while. They will be discounted as there is a new Genius out for 2012 that uses a standard shock. Saying that, there are enough of the old ones around for a few years of riding yet.

The shock is very muck-resistant and a doddle to set up.

robertgray05
    Free Member

I had one in about 2008 – great when it was working, but it went through bearings extremely quickly (they’re all tiny) and the shock misbehaved once in the 18mths I had it. Flexed laterally when pushing it hard (Morzine!) but great on less hardcore stuff.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I think I will go and have a look on Monday. It is a bit out of my way to the shop but I think its interesting enough to warrant the trip.

How do Scott stack up on warranty and after sales bits? Any have any experiences they might like to relate?

Milkie
    Free Member

A friend has recently bought a Genius LT 30 and its a lot of bike considering his previous bike is a 100mm HT.

The shock works in the opposite way, so its only showing the stanchion when the suspension is compressed, meaning less mud hitting it. The shock placement does mean it will get covered in mud, but it has its own tiny built in mudguard, but you can also make a DIY mudguard for the shock.

I’ve looked at the Warranty and its 5 years if annually serviced, 3 years if not.

Carlos45
    Free Member

I have a Genius 20 from 2008. Good bike – a few annoying creaks which took me many months to isolate.

Suspension was great – particularly the ability to either lock out or take 3″ or 6″ of travel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scott Genius from 2011. Any good or avoid?’ is closed to new replies.