Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Scott Genius 740 or Whyte T-130
  • projectb
    Free Member

Hi,

Was hoping for some help in which bike to buy. Last time I rushed into buying a bike and ended up with the wrong one. I want something that I can take to trails and compete in marathons on, ideally good at climbing hills? Does anybody have experience of these two or a good alternative in the same price bracket?

mark90
    Free Member

Do you really mean the Genius with 150mm of travel or the 120mm Spark? The Spark would seem more suited to marathons.

Iainc will be along to recommend the new Anthem, and he may well be right 🙂

projectb
    Free Member

Hi Mark
    Yes sorry I mean the spark. That’s why I need help lol

ell_tell
    Free Member

No personal experience, but I’ve heard the T-130 is a bit of a chunker

projectb
    Free Member

El_tell do you mean fat bike?

kraken2345
    Free Member

I believe he means it’s a little weighty

BearBack
    Free Member

Of the 2017 Spark and 2017 Genius, I’d have to give the climbing award to the Genius.
    The Spark at 120mm is equally, if not more, capable than the genius’ 150mm at descending. but in terms of up, the steeper genius really does a superb job on the steep and tech climbs!
    I love my 2017 spark, but loved my previous Genius for very different reasons!
    The 2017 Spark 740 with the 34 up front and the seemingly bottomless 120mm from the Fox Nude out back will be an great all day bike that you will be able to eat up laps of the trail centers as well as having a decently competetive sport class race bike.
    28lbs on the Spark is 3lbs better than the Whyte
    Worth thinking about the 940 also?!

projectb
    Free Member

Thanks a lot Bearback

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Scott Genius 740 or Whyte T-130’ is closed to new replies.