Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scott Genius 720
  • genius123
    Free Member

Hi people – I’m currently looking at getting a bike with more travel – more suitable for the alps and what have you. I currently ride a T129 but I’m very impressed with the new Scott Genius 720. Does anyone have one of these? Just want to make sure I’m buying the right thing. I do mostly XC / taril centre riding and this looks like it’ll cover all bases.

http://www.onyerbikeonline.com/mountain-bikes/full-suspension/full-suspension-trail-bikes/2014-scott-genius-720/

Thanks for your help.

BearBack
    Free Member

I have a 2013 Genius 700 and love it. On tech XC races here in Squamish I’m actually not that much slower than on my old Spark RC (26) but thats because the genius charges the descents.
    Lasts years bike was 34mm Fox, the 2014 bike splits and has the Genius 7*0 as 32mm or the Genius LT 7*0 as 34mm
    I’ve ridden the 700 LT tuned and that was impressive (brakes aside), but the 170 float makes the bike a bit lazy up, but super capable down.
    I’m bulding a 700 premium framed bike up for 2014 with 32mm floats as I see this version of the Genius as a bike I can trail ride anywhere in BC and XC race! Shedding a couple of pounds off my current bike.
    I think the 7*0 genius with fixed 150 is much better as a UK trail bike, 140mm might be where I set my fork, but at 150, its still going to be a competent descender and very good at climbing.
    You might miss the 34mm fork for the alps, but its almost a 1lb weight saving for the 32mm which is great, but the 34mm fork certainly does give you more confidence when the downs get tech. For a week a year of alps use though, the 32mm probably makes more sense is your ridng is more UK XC/Trail.
    I’ll be interested to see how the 32mm fork build goes on my local fun dog lap tech where the 34 give so much confidence.
    [video]http://vimeo.com/78489074[/video]

jock-muttley

Can’t fault the Genius 720, rode on solid for a week around the 7Stanes, superb bit of kit. Only thing I would alter IMHO would be to whack some form of chain device on it or just run it as a 1 x 10 with a bash guard.

The CTD suspension wizadry is amazing – I found I was using that more than the gears on climbs

asterix
    Free Member

I test rode one of those and really liked it – enjoy:-)

wool

Been an Orange owner since 88 finally changed over to a 720 loving the traction/ CDT thingy + it does it all very well Got the shop to swap the forks over on purchase to a 34 talus as it rather rocky here in The Lakes and I had found the 32 a bit noodley in a 150 guise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Scott Genius 720’ is closed to new replies.