Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • scott genius 700 series
  • larrythelathe
    Free Member

Has anyone had a go on one yet?
    does anyone know of any demo bikes?

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Ordered one, expect it to arrive in Jan some time.

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Ordered one, expect it to arrive in Jan some time.

olie
    Free Member

My boss has just got one not ridden it yet but it looks like it should be awesome.
    Let you know asap

dickie
    Free Member

I rode one briefly at a Dalby Demo. I didn’t have enough time on it to give a good opinion, but for a carbon frame bike that was expensive, around £4500, it was very heavy & the flat curved bars felt odd.
    I think STW have one in at the moment so may be a test review soon.

I also rode a Tallboy, Superlight 29, Pace RC129, & Blur TRC, but the stand out bike was the Scott Spark 930 (carbon 29er). It was light & just flew round the demo loop.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

How heavy was it ?

I must admit I am also temp by the spark. I have heard the bars are weird is the spark UK for having its knock ringed?
    Was it stiff?

I keep asking my local shop to get a demo in it amazes me how hard that is. Its also mad people buy them blind!

BearBack
    Free Member

Rode the media demo bikes at crankworx. 710 frameset, SL finishing kit.

Sub 30lbs and a pretty fast and fun bike. Had it for 3 rides. Notably, my local ‘out the door dog loop’, long leggy climb, techy steep up, techy traverse then nice techy descent before a rolling flow descent back to my house was an absolute blast. Shifting was frustrating and the brakes are a pile of tosh, but hey hey.
    It felt quicker overall than my Genius 26 but not a quick as my Spark 26 but that’s to be expected as the Spark 26 is such a capable descender and a cheater climber. With it set up better, I’ve no doubt it will absolutely rip the descents and fly up the hills.

We’re switching to 650b Genius 710’s for our guiding fleet for 2013. Can’t wait for them to arrive.

Spent a couple of days on a Spark 29. liked the bike, hated SRAM theme on that bike too, so that kinda ruined it for me.
    Had it been a shimano spec’d bike.. probably would have been a different story!

dickie
    Free Member
    larrythelathe
    Free Member

What brakes did it have?

BearBack
    Free Member

What brakes did it have?

Avid XO on the Genius, Elixir 9rs on the Spark.

Both about as pleasent as a limp handshake.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘scott genius 700 series’ is closed to new replies.