Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scott gambler opinions?
  • garethh
    Free Member

Has anyone used the gamblers? I’m heading to Canada inc Whistler for a year this summer and can get hold of one of THESE for about 1500 down from 2500. I’ve currently got a 2066 yeti asx, though am thinking I might need something bigger and maybe more suited to dh/ freeride, any opinions welcome! 🙂

garethh
    Free Member

anyone?

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Great bikes, own a Scott Voltage myself but ride with a few guys with Gamblers and they all love them.

garethh
    Free Member

They seem to get pretty good reviews, do you know how they compare to the demo 8’s? Not sure what the domains would be like in terms of quality, anyone used these?

BearBack
    Free Member

For a summer of Whistler bike park riding the Gambler is the perfect bike. We’ve been running them for 3 years now as part of our guiding fleet and have not had any frame issues wth any of them.

We’re running them in bike park spec though. I don’t think that RS domain will suit you well enough for the progression that you will see from the sheer amount of riding you will get from the park.

IMO, gambler with single crown is kinda pointless.. if you want to run single crowns then go Voltage FR… more versatile if you end up doing Squamish and Pemberton days. As a bike park and still great shuttle bike, the gambler is bomb proof!

On a side note, I have a very nice Gambler for sale.. built up as a park bike and hasn’t seen much use.

Gambler DH10

Any a litte more $$ than the bike you linked.. but A LOT more bike! Plus, we’re on hand in Whistler to get you sorted and you wouldn’t have to bring a bike with you an dwith that Gambler 30 spec.. you WILL have to upgrade/repair as you go through components.

I also have a Voltage FR10 for sale thats a perfect mix between park and shuttle fun.. Its has 40’s and DHX RC2.

Then another Voltage FR with 36 Van and DHX Air.. nice light A-line type bike that still rips the techy descents but isn’t as point and shoot as the Gambler I linked. Perfect Squamish shuttle bike though!

Let me know if you have any questions or want more info.

jedi

scott bikes are actually real nice to ride! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Scott gambler opinions?’ is closed to new replies.