• This topic has 32 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Scott Customer Service……..unimpressed.
  • audiophile
    Free Member

So, just got my new Spark 730 off the back of the courier, looks like a work of art, less impressed with the shipping and packing though. Arrived in torn and broken box, not a great start. Fork remote cable has been routed wrong way around bars and fork. This wouldn’t be a problem, except for the fact that it doesn’t have a hinged clamp and for some reason the grip on this side of the bar is not a lock-on ( other side is ).Scratch one pair of grips as I need to cut it off to rectify the problem. “Care” package came with 4 and 5mm hex keys for fitting bars, nice touch, or would be if the stem didn’t use T25 bolts.
    No instructions on how the convertable rear dropout systems works and nothing on the website either. Fork spec is not as stated on website, expecting 15mm, got QR and I’ve already bought corresponding parts.
    Rant over, thanks for listening.

scaredypants

sounds a bit shit – did you buy direct from scott ?

superstu
    Free Member

If spec wasn’t as ordered then you will surely return (re the forks)?

audiophile
    Free Member

Got it from shop on the web, have emailed to express my disgust but didn’t really want to go mental at them as they sorted me a great deal when they didn’t have what I originally ordered. They obviously just took it straight from their courier and gave it to mine without opening the box.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ah so its the shops shit customer service

Not scotts.

Its getting like the daily mail round here for misleading headline titles.

audiophile
    Free Member

I blame Scott, they put it together before shipping and the shop had nothing to do with the misleading spec, lack of information or incorrect tools.
    If I were writing for the Mail I would have titled it “Scott Mountain Bikes can Cure Cancer” or implied what a terrible BELGIAN company Scott is.

trail_rat
    Free Member

No bike comes from manufacturer in a suitable state for the end user when going via a dealer network.

And the best thing that can be done with the tools that come with a bike is for them to be thrown in the bin. – inevitable made of the softest cheese metal known to man.

MrPottatoHead

What did Scott’s Customer Service department say when you told them about the issues?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Did it come with a tin foil hat?

audiophile
    Free Member

Already thrown the tools. Was expecting to have to put the bike together and adjust, angry about losing the grips though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Where’s Superman Peter Poddy when you need him?

Drac

Was expecting to have to put the bike together and adjust, angry about losing the grips though.

Shame the bike shop didn’t check it when they received it then, very bad customer service of them not to do that.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Fwiw … Scott did have one of the worst dealer supports i came across ….. So bad infact that we stopped stocking them.

But i do believe your shop has let you down here….. Barring the qr15 forks… Thats scotts issue.although they do have the caveat that specs are subject to change between printing and building….

wysiwyg
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Gn7TEEB-M]null[/video]

Brian Potter knows what to do.

theotherjonv

specs are subject to change between printing and building….

I’ve mulled this over a few times. I can see that as being reasonable if they replace with equivalent quality but surely it isn’t reasonable to spec and price based on a certain level of equipment and then supply a lower level and expect the customer to suck it up, no matter what the small print says. And TBH, if the specs said it was a bolt through fork and then they changed that to a 9mm qr, I’d be pretty pissed off. What next – spec xt all round and then supply it with deore? Small print says they can??

Distance selling regs, I assume would apply, as this is mail order. Unless when you say they sorted you something it was a special build item, I think there’s less protection then.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Sounds very odd to receive a bike with different grips on each end of the bar.

akira

Was the bike fully assembled? Did the box say Scott on it?

strike
    Free Member

That title is unfair – the problem is with who you bought the bike from. The shop is repsonsible for packing the bike and if they’d have had the bike out of the bike to do the necessary checks etc, then the cables should/would have been re-routed. Courier is responsible if the box is ripped. The rear drop-outs are explained on the CD that is supplied with the handbook – assuming the dealer did send this on?

Fair point on the fork axle. But your issues are really with the shop and NOT Scott – you didn’t want to go mental at the shop because they did you a good deal, so you thought you’d blame Scott instead?!!! How does that work?!

In my experience Scott are very helpful, but as with all brands, they are let down at times by dealers who just sling bikes out of the door….and they’re Swiss not Belgian!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If a bikes ordered online. What are the chances the lbs even opened the box? No point..

trail_rat
    Free Member

“What are the chances the lbs boxshifter even opened the box? No point..”

and thats the difference in service.

scotroutes

Distance Selling. If you’re not happy, send it back before modifying it. Your contract is with the shop and it’s their job to sort it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

too late – the grips been cut. 😉

scotroutes

Are Scotts built with UK or Euro brake set up? I wonder if the shop has cocked up changing them over?

strike
    Free Member

Perhaps the OP should call Scott UK to say what has happened – I doubt they’d be impressed that, seemingly, an unbuilt/unchecked/un-boxed bike has been sent out to a customer!

When I bought a Genius MC10 a while back and the bike was sent out un-boxed, I complained to Scott UK (after calling the dealer and getting fobbed-off) and Scott said take it to my nearest dealer, get them to build the bike and tell the dealer to bill Scott UK.

Stevet1
    Free Member

why did you cut the grip to get it off?

andyrm
    Free Member

Have you contacted Scott and the retailer and then given them reasonable time (suggest 2 working days) to respond before posting this thread?

If all parties potentially concerned are not aware yet or haven’t had time to pick up and deal with the potential issue, then it’s not yet “poor customer service”, just a potential packing/spec problem.

We’re seeing too many of these DM-like inflammatory headlines. Suggest mods do something about them if people can’t learn to communicate in a non-emotional way.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Agree with the problem being with the shop NOT Scott.

As far as I can see everything 2014-2015 in 700-740 flavor comes with 15mm fork.
    Mismatched grips sound to me like the bike has been built up before.
    Scotts retail packaging is careful and very good.
    Bike come with a ziploc bag FULL of manuals, warning labels tied to the frame and all that jazz. I’ve never seen (as far as I remember) a bike come with allen keys.

I’d suggest that the bike you have purchased was either a sample, or was a shop floor model that has had parts butchered.
    Do all your fork stickers, grip colours, lock out cable colours etc co-ordinate with the frame colours?

Your issue is with the shop.

bigjim

why did you cut the grip to get it off?

this

orangeboy
    Free Member

Take gt85 tube stuff under grip , spray then remove grip without cutting

Nothing to do with scoot directly it’s all down to the dealer to fix

AlasdairMc

Take gt85 tube stuff under grip , spray then remove grip without cutting

Or just ride the bike on a wet day like I did with my new bike – the grip already rotates like a motorbike throttle…

scotroutes

Dunno about everyone else but I’m dieing to know who the shop was that did such a great deal….

simondbarnes

As everyone has said, this has got bugger all to do with Scott. It’s down to the shop you got it from.

Jamie
    Free Member

Dunno about everyone else but I’m dieing to know who the shop was that did such a great deal….

To quote myself from the custom build thread…

This isn’t going to be one of those times where the situation gets resolved, but on the proviso that the wronged party stops all public discussion on the topic?

Looks like it’s only heroes like Petter Poddy who are willing to name and shame.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Scott Customer Service……..unimpressed.’ is closed to new replies.