Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scott Aspect 40?
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Hi

Got a mate who’s looking around £400-£450 for a new bike, i’ve been on here and pointed out reviews etc and he really likes this:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/scott/aspect-40-2012-mountain-bike -ec030848#answers

Anyone know anyone who’s got/had one and if they’re any good please, before he spends all that money?

Cheers

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Linky not worky.

I’ve got the Scott Aspect 45 (2009 model). It’s an entry level mountain bike. You get what you pay for. Works fine for most stuff, basically.

Gears, not great. Shit don’t last long etc etc. Particularly the hubs and stuff like that. Still worth buying if he’s just starting off.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member
    jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Are the brakes on the Vitus an issue?

joeyj
    Free Member

Just back into biking again after 18 years so didn’t want to spend too much. Looked at all bikes in that sort of price range and decided on a Scott. Went to start cycles in Newcastle and looked at the aspect liked it but then saw the 2011 scale 80. Decision made go for the scale rather than the aspect better setup for me that is. The scale 80 was originally 700 and was down to 600. Eventually after a bit of bartering got the bike for £410. Excellent frame I would recommend it but changed the following after the first ride. Bars and stem changed to shorter stem and winders bars. Pedals from the stock wellgo to superstar nanotech flats and changed the rocket rons to fat Alberts 2.25 on the rear and 2.35 front. Next to change is the forks the suntour are ok but can bottom out on small jumps if you don’t get the rebound right. Hope this helps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Scott Aspect 40?’ is closed to new replies.