Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Scotland Team (Six Nations content)
  • ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Thank the lord

Hadden has seen sense and put the Evans brothers on the wings for the French game, and brought Strokosh back into the pack.

Now all we need is someone that can play at 10 and we would have a chance!

sofatester
    Free Member

#intercom#

All Welsh rubgy fans to the forum please!

#intercom#

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Godman is the best we have got and the best I have seen in a scotland shirt for years.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

I’m not arguing that he is the best we have but he is still not as good as any of the other first choice 10’s in the tournament.

For some reason we churn out top quality 9’s but can’t get a decent 10.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And we were singing….HYMNS AND ARIAS…..! LAND OF MY FATHERS…..AR HYD Y NOS!

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Hope your Welsh capt, otherwise you won’t be so smug when England get turned over this weekend.

It will be grand slam decider final week, wales v ireland

sofatester
    Free Member

LOL @ CFH

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

sofatester, I was merely answering the call!

SRO, I don’t know many English rugby supporters who’d sing that. Do you? 😉

salad_dodger

Apparently, Wales have never beaten the sais three times in a row. Before this coming weekend, obviously!

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Too true old boy! Depending on the outcome of the next match I may have to call on my irish heritage…

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m not sure Ireland will be able to keep that up all tournament. I’ve not seen much that suggests they are well-rounded and well-drilled enough to dictate and respond to every game.

molgrips
    Free Member

Have the Welsh ever won two GS in a row? Would 3 GS in 5 years make the late 2000s better than the 70s?

kevonakona
    Free Member

Big problem is do i sub Chabal out of my teams as he is not starting?

richc
    Free Member

I think Johnson is a tactical genius, as he’s lulling everyone into thinking that the English team can’t play for toffee at the moment.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Depends if they play as well as they did against the French.

BoD was awesome, so was O’Connell. If they can beat the french they will turn over Italy, the English and us fairly easily. Especially as the England game is at Croke park. Then that just leaves the Welsh.

Depends on injurys, Wales have the best depth in their squad.

The-Beard

Hadden has called up Danielli to replace Lamont. Now whilst Lamont didn’t have that great a game on Saturday – Danielli??

Why does it take a thumping defeat (I was at Murrayfield, it was horrible – bar the last 10 minutes) for Hadden to sit up and take notice?

The Welsh didn’t play that well either so I wouldn’t be too smug if I were them. Our piss poor performance flattered them. Ireland and France both looked very good and if the Welsh continue to kick backwards/sideways for the rest of the tournament they won’t be winning it.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Agree with you on Danielli mate, although Lamont didn’t play great I would have still kept him in, just because he likes to run with the ball.

I think Hadden’s @rse is over the window at the end of this 6 nations,

The-Beard

To be honest I think Lamont has had his day – Scotland Vs. France 2006 to be precise. His brother is sorely missed however, as is Walker.

Walker and Evans as the wing pairing – that’s a combination I’d like to see.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Well Walker is injured, as are our two best lions shots in Hines and Murray. Webster being injured is a blessing, he’s crap.

With both Evans on the wings, i’m looking forward to the France game. Hopefully godman spreads if wide to get them involved in the game.

The-Beard

Max Evans is playing at 12 I think. Danielli is playing on the wing.

If only Williams and then Hadden had groomed (oo-er) Paterson for the 10 role I think we’d be in much better shape.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Aye your right Danielli is on the wing, Thom Evans is on at 11. It will just be nice to see some pace in the backs,

I would put paterson in at 10 now anyway, with our history of not scoring tries we need a kicker like him in the side.

The-Beard

We crossed the try line three times on Sunday – admittedly only one of them was actually finished properly but still, that’s more try line action than we’ve seen for a long time. I am optimistic that things can change and that we can get better. 😉

But then I am every year and we never do!

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

If Paterson had just managed to get a hand to that ball!

We were lucky that Wales missed so many kicks though. If they don’t sort that out they will suffer for it.

They won’t beat Ireland if they miss all their kicks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Guide me, O thou great Redeemer,
    Pilgrim through this barren land;
    I am weak, but thou are mighty,
    Hold me with thy powerful hand;
    Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    The-Beard

Who’d have thought a Welsh Tory would actually exist…

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Christ they must be as rare as a Scottish Tory…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Actually, I’m half Welsh, half English. I had to burn down my own holiday cottage.

Rugby playing side of the family’s pure Welsh, mind.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Funny that seeing as wales are doing well… were they more English during the World Cup in Aus…

You know the one that was won off the boot of Mr made of Glass? 🙂

The-Beard

You poor wee thing. You must awfy confused.

duckman

Wales…Wales…bloody great fishes called Wales…they live in the sea, eat fishermen for tea..bloody great fishes called Wales.

Wales have the best back row and back units in the comp, however they will struggle in the tight against everyone bar Italy. I haven’t seen our team for Saturday, is Hines fit again?

waihiboy
    Free Member

I have tickets for the welsh game WOOOHOOOOO HOOOO

I’m staying quiet until the final whistle. on paper we should win BUT i think its going to be close only by a few points.

Mr Johnson aint gonna take it lying down.

It’s going to be bloody!

BAAAAAAHHH

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Nope, no Hines or Murray.

1. Chunk
    2. Ford
    3. Dickinson
    4. White
    5. Hamilton
    6. Strokosch
    7. Barclay
    8. Taylor
    9. Blair
    10. Godman
    11. T Evans
    12. Morrison
    13. M Evans
    14. Danielli
    15. Southwell

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

SRO, I admit it. I supported England in the WC final. Wearing a Welsh shirt! I took the opinion that “Wales is forever, England for today”, which I’d love to see other people adopt when Wales march on to World Cup glory….! (Optimism abounds!)

Other than that, never supported anyone but Wales on an international level. Ever.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

I have a strict hierarchy to who I support…

Always Scotland first.

Ireland next, (Half Irish)

Then Wales, (Welsh are good craic)

Then the French, (like the way they play, now anyway, not under Laport)

Italy (any team that picks a flanker for scrum half is worth a cheer!)

England 🙂

Call me a bitter Scot but that’s just the way it is!

molgrips
    Free Member

Actually, I’m half Welsh, half English. I had to burn down my own holiday cottage.

Lol. I never thought I’d have anything in common with CFH!

I have never supported England, and I take a firm stance on this. I am relatively happy to support the French, since they play rugby more like it should be played. I can support Ireland for being plucky fellow Celts, Italy for being underdogs, Scotland for being my enemy’s enemy, but England – I just can’t. Having said that, I am beginning to feel sorry for the poor wretches, but don’t tell my Dad. Seeing them getting such a miserable pounding lately does soften my heart a bit. Not a lot, tho.

I have an easy solution to the sporting dichotomy: I support Wales in Rugby and England in football – easy to do, since most Welsh don’t care that much about the footie 🙂

salad_dodger

I just support Wales. And whoever England are playing.

duckman

The one thing I hate about the Wales/Scotland match is that little git’s commentry. “There is a lesson on how not to do things for all the school children watching” Scottish yellow. “Well, you know…a bit harsh by the ref there” Welsh yellow.Turning into the pigging Ian Wright of the rugby world. Took the Northern shilling and only came back to play for a truly crap Welsh team once they would pay him, why do we have to do it now? I would almost rather have Eddie “home Counties” Butler.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m with you on the little fella duckman, but for me, though I hated the fecker when he played, the Butler – Moore combo is one of the best commentaries on TV at the moment. Butler is almost poetic and his write-ups are always worth a read.

I can support Ireland for being plucky fellow Celts

I think we’re long gone beyond that kind of patronising description of Irish rugby molgrips. I was going to let you off with the journalistic cliched description of our chances above. The only thing shorter in Wales than Davies is your memory of the rest of the 5N having to simply put their tea ladies, physios, coach drivers in opposing shirts to beat your sorry asses back up the valleys.

Not often I say this, I admire CFH for supporting England in the final while wearing a welsh shirt. I happened to be in Cardiff watching that game and believe me, you guys have nothing of which to be proud. My celtic support of “anybody playing England” has always been just a bit of schadenfreude. However, the bitterness of the support for the Bokke that day disgusted me. I nearly started cheering for the boys in white myself.

Also, can somebody explain how booing the kicker became acceptable – it was always one of the things that gave Rugby the higher moral ground over poofball. The stadiums in which I see it happening most are the Stade and the Millenium…I recall it happening in the Millenium first but I may be wrong there…and am prepared to be corrected. When are you going to realise that “deafening silence” shows respect and is intimidating at the same time?

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Nobody could possibly be worse than Guscott though, he is the most smug git that has ever been born.

And I’m with you on the booing, its just not needed and its one of the things that seperates rugby fans from football fans.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Scotland Team (Six Nations content)’ is closed to new replies.