Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Scotland decisions
  • handybendyhendo
    Free Member

So usual place we stay has gone (we can get other accomm though) where over 3 days we hit Ae, Mabie, Dalbeattie, Drumlanrig and Kirroughree.

But as we can’t get our normal accomm……should we go to Glentress / Innerleithen??

Be great to do summit new……but McMoab / Kirroughtree is GREAT!!

Thoughts please?

Thanks,
    Mark

Northwind

They’re all good tbh, we’ve got GT/innerleithen nearby so we’re off to D&G next week just for the change but I’ve ridden more at GT and Inners than anywhere else and it’s not close to getting dull. Innerleithen red route’s a bit of a one-trick pony (it’s not a bad trick) but if you’re up for something a bit harder the wider network of dh and “enduro” trails is stunning- none of the best riding at innerleithen is on the maps but it’s not that hard to navigate

cynic-al
    Free Member

If you like trail centres, mad not to.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

I am not blinkered C-al….I just like riding……

Mark

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Not done Glentress or Inners, no.

In a location where it is likely to be cold and wet as we go in November……..it is nice to stick to way marked trails…..that way you know where you are going and know you will be back on schedule…..

Usually ride the Peaks Trail Centres 😉

griffiths1000
    Free Member

If red & black is for you then Wild Cat trails, Golspie are well worth a trip further north,would say it is my favorite of all time, a class above any other trail center i have ridden. Wolf Tracks at Laggan on the way back south. If you have an extra day then via the new uplift red track at Fort William.

munrobiker
    Free Member

If red & black is for you then Wild Cat trails, Golspie are well worth a trip further north,would say it is my favorite of all time, a class above any other trail center i have ridden. Wolf Tracks at Laggan on the way back south. If you have an extra day then via the new uplift red track at Fort William.

This! Best trail centres in Britain by some margin. You can do Balblair and Golspie in one day and both are superb.

Northwind

I love Balblair, riding over things is sometimes better than riding down things. Weirdly overlooked.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Scotland decisions’ is closed to new replies.