Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scotland Coast to Coast: Any trails that we shouldn't miss out on?
  • druff
    Free Member

Hey all,

Some friends and I will be riding Scotland Coast to Coast in a few weeks time and I wonder if I could ask for your assistance in ensuring that we don’t miss out on any decent trails along the way.

This is the route that we’re intending to follow (more or less) – any suggestions along it’s path for trails that we should specifically detour for?

Thanks, Dan.

druff
    Free Member

Somebody recommended the trails at Laggan to me earlier, any more?

marty
    Free Member

All depends on what route you’re riding and whether you have time in schedule to ride at a trail centre on the way.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Golspie is ace, but about 100 miles North of Laggan – Worth it though! 🙂

druff
    Free Member

I’ve put a link to the route that we’re taking in the OP

theblackmount
    Free Member

You are mostly going around the decent trails 😉

On a more practical note it really depends what you are looking for, how much time you have and whether you are carrying tons of gear on your back / bike.

Nice though Golspie is, it certainly is not worth diverting 100 miles to. Similarly I wouldn’t be bothering with Laggan (unless of course you have bags of time to stop and soak up various trails along the way.)

Also starting at FW would be another no for me. Consider moving your start point NW to Shiel Bridge. If you are good technical riders /fit / travelling light / up for big days then there is the option of straight lining it through and or over the Gorms. Lairig an Laoigh might be a good compromise. Same applies to the section after Braemar – there are easy Munros to be bagged thereabouts. Deeside out to the coast becomes increasingly uninteresting / bit of anti climax. I’d personally focus on the middle chunk / get the last section out the way as quickly as possible.

druidh
    Free Member

There’s a better/more off road route between Feshie and Laggan if you are interested. I did it (in reverse) last year as part of a C2C.

http://www.blog.scotroutes.com/2011/09/c2c-part-3.html

Let me know if you want a GPX file

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scotland Coast to Coast: Any trails that we shouldn't miss out on?’ is closed to new replies.