Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scotland 3 day itinery – would this work?
  • charliemort

Day 1 Kirroughtree and Dalbeattie (a bit ambitious maybe?)
    Day 2 drive to Laggan – ride Wolftrax
    Day 3 natural ride in Cairngorms

whatdyyathinkthen……………

Sanny
    Free Member

Or better still – day 1 to day 3 Aviemore!

But seriously, Dalbeattie then Kirroughtree are doable with an early start. I’d do the latter first as there is less of a drive north from Dalbeattie if you want to minimise your journey time on less than stellar country roads.

Laggan – it’s good but is only a few mile south of Aviemore. Personally, I’d do two days in Aviemore while laggan can be done in a couple of hours so could be a good wee extra ride.

Cheers

Sanny

devs
    Free Member

The drive to Laggan would be 4-5 hours but easily doable if you don’t mind riding after a journey that long.
    Depending on the weather you might ride around Aviemore and then wish you had done it all there!
    If you are travelling back day 4 you might want day 5 off to for a rest.

AlasdairMc

And if you’re up as far as Laggan, go to Golspie too.

steveh

If you want to do red and black at kirroughtree it’s a pretty long ride especially and with the hours drive to get to dalbeattie and another couple for this. It’d be a long day especially if you plan to drive that far after.

Gary_M
    Free Member

As above I’d skip Dalbeattie then Kirroughtree if you’re heading up north for proper riding. They’re both great trail centres but if you’re going up to the Cairngorms you’ll wish you were there for longer. If you must do trail centres how about Mabie and Dalbeattie?

charliemort

thanks – v interesting

we have 3 days (weds, thurs, friday), then need to get to Edinburgh for a Party saturday night.

So maybe first day one or 2 of the 7 stanes, 2 days cairngorms, then Laggan on Sat am?

So – on the 7 Stanes front: votes for Kirroughtree, Mabie or Dalbeattie? Sounds as though Mabie and Dalbeattie are easier as a 1 day option? I like the sound of Kirroughtree for some reason, but as has been pointed out, it’s a bigger diversion from the main route north

of course in an ideal world I wouldn’t have 3 kids to get looked after, and would go for a month……..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scotland 3 day itinery – would this work?’ is closed to new replies.