Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Scotch nationalists: what will YOU do to support independent Catalunya?
  • epicyclo

konabunny – Member
    …if the Catalonian independence movement succeeds where the Scottish one failed, what does that tell us?

They don’t have postal voting and all voters have ID? 🙂

gordimhor

The SNP don’t have a majority in Holyrood…

They have 69 out of 129.

athgray
    Free Member

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/indyref-one-year-on-100

http://athousandflowers.net/2015/09/19/despair-in-the-square-3-terror-and-tommygeddon-at-hopeoverfear/

A couple of interesting views from pro indy sites on the recent “Hope Over Fear” rally in Glasgows Freedom Square. I heard about these through a stauch indy supporting friend of mine. Even he is worried about the darker turn to an element of the indy movement.

Songs about traitors and the death of Westminster paedophiles adds up to a fun family day out.

I do like the William Wallace quote on the placard
    “Your heart is born free. Have the courage to follow it”.
    It was pointed out though that this was actually a quote by William Wallaces father. Also my medievil history is sketchy but I think he was also dead when he said it.

Also comments about how we repelled the Danes. Thats how we deal with foreign invaders. Quite topical really.

One of the commentators describes an element of the indy movement morphing into the caricature it was portrayed as last year. Also says that he found more positive things to say about orangefest!?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Also my medievil history is sketchy but I think he was also dead when he said it.

You know that your cause has divine approval when the dead start talking to you.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

medievil dead?
    preferred the original

seosamh77
    Free Member

The hope over fear stuff is pretty much just a get Tommy Sheridan elected as an msp vehicle if you ask me. It’s pretty irrelevant tbh.

As for orangefest! 😆 Iwas out of the city when it happened, but from what I hear I don’t think I could have planned it any better myself! 😆

aracer
    Free Member

I make it 60 years, and some people might be surprised who got more than 50% in Scotland!

gordimhor

Indeed and how far they have fallen from grace

konabunny
    Free Member

I do like the William Wallace quote on the placard
    “Your heart is born free. Have the courage to follow it”.
    It was pointed out though that this was actually a quote by William Wallaces father. Also my medievil history is sketchy but I think he was also dead when he said it.

Isn’t his heart in a tin?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Indeed and how far they have fallen from grace

Helped massively by that woman.

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Scotch nationalists: what will YOU do to support independent Catalunya?’ is closed to new replies.