Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Scorchio!
  • jekkyl

My garden thermometer’s saying 32 degrees! Anyone else forsaking all else this week to ride every night? My wife is like a stranger to me, but how can I not, it’s bloomin marvellous out. Seems only a few weeks ago I was out riding in wooly hat, scarf and several layers. Cycling jersey & shorts everyday this week and it. is. awesome.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s in direct sun then. It’s not that hot, at least not in the UK.

seavers
    Free Member

My forks and shock are with Loco and have been for the last 2 weekends! They should be back tomorrow and I can’t flipping wait!

Now thinking of getting a HT as a back up, it’s no good with all this nice weather and nothing to ride.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

My back wheel is in the shop getting mended 👿

loddrik
    Free Member

Would much rather ride in rain than this sun and heat tbh

takisawa2

I long for cold damp midweek night rides.

Being a ginger love god, my pale blue hue doesnt like the sun. I flash over pink instantly. I once got moon burn, so have to wear factor 25 at night.

maxtorque

I’m still waiting for mother nature to hurry up and fix my wrist, but eve so, i’ve managed a couple of short pootles around some of the tamer local trails 😉

SamB
    Free Member

I’ve got the lurgy so not allowed to do exercise. Currently sat at home wrapped up hoping I feel better by the weekend 🙁

Drac

Been cloudy here for the last couple of days warm enough but not the nice heat we had early in the week.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

44.5 here today at lunchtime (in the shade).

jam-bo

24 here in devon on a shaded gauge.

plenty warm enough for me, be happy if it stayed this sort of temperature all summer.

looks like rain next week though…

thejesmonddingo

20 mile pootle along the Leeds Liverpool,with stops at Fannies and the Rodley Barge,very relaxed,and gorgeous weather.

jekkyl

Now I won’t finish till 11, is it warm enough to go out without any sort of jumper?

seavers
    Free Member

Take a jumper…then go back inside for the other jumper. Then go back for a hanky. Then set off and remember you would feel better wearing the other shoes, and while you are at it change your shorts.

Or on the off chance you are not like my 70 year old mum just go out and deal with it.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s all of 20 degrees ffs!

darrell
    Free Member

a big fat 10 C here

woohoo

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s all of 20 degrees ffs!

Still too hot for me. Gimme rain any (or every) day.

jekkyl

The pre ride faff!

busydog
    Free Member

It’s 94F–34.4C here in the desert–supposed to warm up by Saturday

Karl33to
    Free Member

just done my 7th night in a row, it’s bloody fantastic so make the most of it!

Coyote
    Free Member

I’m sure you can’t be miserable in real life as you come across on here.

Riding most nights and it’s awesome! Light till 10 and peachy warm, what’s not to like? Definitely feel more energised in the sun and warmth. Even enjoyed my run tonight.

Still, this is England. No doubt loddrik will be a happy chappy again soon. 🙂

Sue_W
    Free Member

It’s superb! Best weather we’ve had for ages.

Did my first 100 mile ‘century’ ride yesterday – along the coast and across the mountains in the sun … best ride ever 🙂 Saw the weather forecast, booked 3 days off work, plus the weekend – planning on riding til my legs drop off. Absolutely fantastic!

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s rather peculiar that one would assume that because I prefer rain to warm sunny weather that it must be a reflection on my personality, rather than my preference for a certain climatic condition over another.

The weather forecast is the same, with the implication that everyone should be miserable because its raining. Anything over 18 degrees and riding becomes uncomfortable. It’s rain that gives us our green and pleasant land.

CountZero

Anything over 18 degrees and riding becomes uncomfortable. It’s rain that gives us our green and pleasant land.

😯
    Sensitive flower! 😉 Anything over 23° is starting to feel a bit warm, but that’s largely down to the humidity that comes with it in this country. I was in London today, sitting in the shade having my lunch, and it felt rather cool with the wind.
    Sitting in Green Park this evening, about 6-ish, it was absolutely perfect, the ideal temperature.
    I went out for a ride Tuesday evening, about 7, and again, it was ideal, but started to feel a bit too cool with the wind at around 9.
    72°F/22-23°C is the perfect temperature for me, and I reckon most people, but if the humidity here stayed around 30-40%, then it would feel cooler up to the high 70’s, maybe even 80. When I was in Vail, there were locals wearing fleeces when the temp was 78, while I had a tee on, just because of the dry air.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Scorchio!’ is closed to new replies.