• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by rob2.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • scootertrackworld revisited…
  • munkster
    Free Member

OK, so I listened to your advice and I got my CBT and I am now thinking 125cc (as opposed to egg whisk 50cc) and have my eye on a nearly-new Gilera Runner 125 – any thoughts on that? Should I stick to Honda/Yamaha instead?

twang
    Free Member

Lambo like Jimmy’s

or GP200 and be the face!

enduroforever
    Free Member

I bought a honda 125 pcx in June. It’s been faultless and currently getting 100+ mpg and it’s ridden pretty much flat out every where

footflaps

Honda build quality is (or at least was) superb.

enduroforever
    Free Member

Couple of years ago I had a 1983 honda cb900 with over 85000 miles on the clock and never missed a beat. That’s why I chose honda again they are very reliable and seem to hold value very well

munkster
    Free Member

Interesting, cheers.

cbike
    Free Member

I have a Daelim S1 125 Fuel injected for sale if anyone is interested?

grtdkad

What Twang said up there ^^^^

Recall a recent, shocked comment on Facebook from a member of the wife’s family “I’ve just been overtaken on the motorway by a scooter. WTF”

Yup

Lambretta TS1 or RB. Mint.

lord
    Free Member

my px 125 never misses a beat

but my lammy doesnt either

Stoner
    Free Member

Same as endurorunner, I have loved my pcx. Great mpg, lovely to own. I will be selling / pxing mine next year having passed my DA last month though.
    Moine has done 5000 and is probably worth 1500ish

spidersexual
    Free Member

I had a brand new runner sold it quick, utter heap o crap.

Then had a yamaha xmax 250 which was well, fast and comfy. Except the alternator didn’t fair well therefore a charge every couple of weeks or so was needed.

Then got into supermotos and got a 690cc single cylinder which was fun when the fuelling works properly.

Personally, just go get your cbt done for a motorcycle and then buy a yammy ybr, really sound bike for a learner.

munkster
    Free Member

Have swerved the Gilera and pulled the trigger on a new Suzuki AN125. Not particularly groovy but seemed pretty cheap for a new bike and less risk of buying a dud, 3 yrs without MOT etc etc. Thanks for the help guys.

nsaints
    Free Member

Time to reactivate this thread for a personal gratuitous ‘look what I’ve got’ post 😳

Haven’t been here for a while as I’ve been diagnosed with arthritis of the hip and have been slated for a replacement – most of the bikes have now gone as cycling has taken a massive backwards step

However I’ve gone out and bought an un-restored Lambretta SX150 to replace my GP200 I sold when kids came onto the scene 14 years ago

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Another vote for the PCX, my missus has one, gets abused and still runs like new. Had a few trips down the road on its side too and still holding up fine. 100mpg, 60+mph, perfect commuter wagon. Got my eye on it as soon as she passes her driving test.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

I’ve just bought this, smallframe Douglas 50, with a 90 kit on….needs a bit of work especially on the gearbox but it’ll give me something to do, the best bit is the seat I’ve just recovered 😉

lord
    Free Member

small frames do look nice trailmoggy

rob2
    Free Member

Man this brings back some memories. I used to have a small frame Vespa, 1976, no indicators, 135kit, 4th gear added. Loved it but had to sell it to get an engagement ring.
    Lasting memory of seizing it on the m4 outside Swindon in the way to a Tenby rally when I got towed by an overtaking lorry.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘scootertrackworld revisited…’ is closed to new replies.