Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scootertrackworld… Optimate battery charger.
  • munkster
    Free Member

So my scooter is sitting for a few weeks over the summer, I managed to kick start it just now but even when I commute on it it’s not that far. I’ve been told that an Optimate will be a good investment. Can anyone comment? Any ideas which one (there seems to be a few versions) for a scooter? Cheers!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I have an otimate on the Moto as it doesn’t see a lot of action. keeps the battery in tip top condition so it always goes. bought one recently from eBay, it’s a 3+ model but badged up Honda for a decent price.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

What scooter is it ?

munkster
    Free Member

What scooter is it ?

Nowt special, it’s a Suzuki AN125H.

kilo

When i had a Gilera runner 125 it used to stand for ages and would be kicked into life, never bothered with an optimate and it was only a nine mile commute. My c90 gets use maybe once every three months again it starts with a couple of kicks – I may just be a tight wad though

munkster
    Free Member

My commute is under 2 miles so “people” have told me that that’s not far enough to keep the charge longer term. I did kick it into life yeah, but crikey I nearly broke my ankle!! 😉

Rockhopper
    Free Member

My Ducati stays on an Optimate right through the winter and any time I’m not using it for more than a few days (it a good hours work to get to the battery if it need to be changed so I don’t risk it!!).

footflaps

I used to keep my VFR connected to an Optimate all winter to keep the battery fully charged. Sold the Optimate on the classifieds here when I sold the bike.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

They are worth it – alas I can’t put one on the Guzzi as there is no power up at the garage. The result is that it eats batteries at the rate of 2-3 a year (at £120 a shot!)

When we move a garage with power is top of the priorities list!

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Roxter. …… Search on Ebay …. Under £20 ….. Should do you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Scootertrackworld… Optimate battery charger.’ is closed to new replies.