Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Scooters- sturdy/fast rolling (alternatives to Micro sprite scooter?)
  • hora
    Free Member

For hora jnr. spend abit- one that doesn’t hit a small pebble and stop him dead. So wheels big enough, quality and will take abuse/left outside/dropped/never cleaned.

Or this? http://www.micro-scooters.co.uk/mobile/micro-sprite-scooters.html

pimpmyride
    Free Member

I bought my daughter (its unisex) 8 years old, a Grit Flux scooter £80 at the time so may be cheaper now.
    Excellent bearings, triple clamp headset, wheels just the right size, taken loads of abuse, sits in the garden and the shed when remembered and still no rust after a year, absolutely glides on smaooth tarmac. They get cracking reviews 🙂

ecksee
    Free Member

Both sprogs have these JD bug scooters:

https://www.skatehut.co.uk/brands/jd_bug/jd_bug_pro_street_matt_black.htm

They are very sturdy (they can take my weight with no problems) and ours take a lot of abuse on trips to school and at the skate park. Wheels, rear brakes, handlebar grips are all replaceable/upgradeable and lots of sites sell parts. My 2 immediately wanted to swap out wheels and grips to be different!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    brassneck

Grit Tremor – 110mm wheels, 88A made from purest Awesome. £150, most I think you’d ever need to spend before sponsorship. Just taken delivery for a certain persons birthday.

Though I do rip it out of my eldest for not riding a board.

hora
    Free Member

Any of these strong enough for the occasional…ERM ‘bad dad’?

Mattbike

I got one of these Diamondback Grit Scooter
    For safety reasons of course. I have to be able to keep up with the kids when they’re on their scooters on the cycle track! Copes with my 90kgs weight. 🙂

The kids have these Maxi Micro Scooter which are great.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Get the Grit Flux, believe me they are rock solid!

hora
    Free Member

Mrshora tried to buy the micro maxi saying hora jnr needed that due to age/balance. So as a compromise we got the sprite in the end. 4yr old son was like a duck to water 😀

Bimbler
    Free Member

Decathlon have some good scooters

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Scooters- sturdy/fast rolling (alternatives to Micro sprite scooter?)’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts