Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Scooter Rant….
  • clipper68
    Free Member

What is it with kids riding 50cc scooters like knobs. They so vulnerable and slow but still ride like they own the road. No it’s not big and clever riding with your feet on the pillion pegs, doesn’t make it more of a bike.
    Respect other road users and they may respect you.
    When you are riding right up the back of my car! I bet my four hydraulic vented discs can stop me faster than your cheapo drum brake. You’d better be insured too.

This coming from an ex motorcyclist of too many years.

Grrrrrr

Rant over…. And breathe.

wwaswas

What is it with kids riding 50cc scooters like knobs. They so vulnerable and slow but still ride like they own the road. No it’s not big and clever riding with your feet on the pillion pegs, doesn’t make it more of a bike.
    Respect other road users and they may respect you.
    When you are riding right up the back of my car! I bet my four hydraulic vented discs can stop me faster than your cheapo drum brake. You’d better be insured too.

change that from kids on 50cc scooters to adults on bicycles and you have the views of a sizeable proportion of car drivers.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You missed out:
    “helmet balanced on top of head with chin strap undone”
    “texting mejulie with left hand”
    “balancing a fag out of mouth”
    “right hand pinning the throttle back to Max”
    “left trainer laces undone and different lace up pattern to the right one”
    “cheap market leather jacket undone and flapping wildly”
    “shellsuit trackie bottoms”
    😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Barp, barp, baaarrrppp.

How many bloody gears?

Erm, just the one.

clipper68
    Free Member

I was in a petrol station filling up my new FZ6 a couple of years back and one of these yoofs was there as well. He looked at my bike and said ‘nice bike’.
    I looked at his ickle scoot and actually said, ‘cheers. I used to play with toys when I was your age too…..’

GrahamS

‘cheers. I used to play with toys when I was your age too…..’

Wow, just like car drivers say to those silly cyclist types. You the man.

brakes
    Free Member

What is it with kids riding 50cc scooters like knobs

they’re having fun.
    we were all young once Grandad.
    it does annoy me a bit, but they’re more likely to hurt themselves than anyone else.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No it’s not big and clever riding with your feet on the pillion pegs

It is though:
    a) more comfortable than feet foreward after 30 minutes. The opposite of seeing yet another GS rider coming down the M1 with their feet infront of the engine or tripoding.
    b) easier to wheelie

techsmechs
    Free Member

filling up my new FZ6

and

I used to play with toys when I was your age

Oh the ironing….

clipper68
    Free Member

Pretty sure they arent doing it for comfort…
    I have 13yr old twin boys, one of which is adamant hes having a scooter at 16. I’ve always had bikes up to recently and would love him to start as soon as possible. It just bothers me that these guys are giving it a bad name (same as lycra lout cyclists i suppose).
    I dont want him to get tarred with the same brush or start to think that its acceptable to ride like a knob.

clipper68
    Free Member

In my defence, my Fazer was bought specifically for my 80mile a day commute. It was the best bike i’d ever owned, but the one I least wanted to ride as I was on it so much…..

DezB
    Free Member

What is it with kids riding 50cc scooters like knobs

Yeah! I saw one once.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Scooter Rant….’ is closed to new replies.