Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Science in Sport and a breeze blowing in my shorts
  • soulwood
    Free Member

I think this is the right forum, it is riding related. Has anybody else here tried SIS products, or any carbo type stuff, and found that about 2hrs after ingestion that your posterior takes on an Ivor the engine impression and constantly puff puffs away?. I read it may have something to do with the maize product that they obtain the complex carbohydrates from. Anybody have better luck with them than me?

clubber
    Free Member

Yes, very normal after eating lots of very carb rich food/energy products I'm afraid…

poppa
    Free Member

It makes you go faster if you are in a roadie-style tuck position.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

is it something to do with low GI carbs getting to the intestinal flora and being partially metabolised ?

soulwood
    Free Member

Hmmm, seems to be something in this theory then, my wife just dismissed this by saying "your'e always farting, whats the difference". But I'm not sure if I got all bloated one time and found it difficult to breathe effectively on my bike. Or maybe it was something else totally unrelated. I dunno.

zaskar
    Free Member

At least the protein version is whey isoloate and not the concentrate.

The Lactose in conc can make good magic shows! 😯

Everyone disappears!

miketually
    Free Member

I had similar results after eating two Trek "wholefood energy bars". That evening wasn't as unpleasant as when we fed our dog sardines, but it was close.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Science in Sport and a breeze blowing in my shorts’ is closed to new replies.