Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sciatica nerve- its my saddle. New saddle help
  • hora
    Free Member

I’ve figured it I think. My Charge Spoon causes (or agrevates?) a trapped nerve down my leg. It seems to flare when Im seated/peddling for a while.

Any saddle choices that can help??

wwaswas

you had a wtb for years until recently and had no problems didn’t you?

frogrocket
    Free Member

Double check saddle position – had trouble from having saddle too far back. A few mm movement forwards helped a lot with same prob.

Found core exercises really help to manage the prob too but can’t really be arsed with them this time of year.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    12fifty
    Free Member

You’ve a broken ass…everyone knows the charge spoon is the perfect saddle.

hora
    Free Member

Yes that WTB was literally coming apart! 😀

seavers
    Free Member

I too was going suggest core exercises, while your saddle/saddle position may not be helping, problems with pain down your leg could also be down to underlying issues.

wwaswas

buy another one the same then, maybe 😉

igm

It seems to flare when Im seated/peddling for a while.

Save weight, save money, build fitness.

Ditch the saddle and seat post – pedal standing.

wrecker
    Free Member

You sure it’s not the frame?
    I reckon you need a new frame.

emac65
    Free Member

I bought a Charge Spoon earlier in the year because everyone raves about them…It’s the most uncomfortable saddle I’ve ever used,in actual fact it’s the only uncomfortable saddle I’ve ever used

scruff
    Free Member

Headangle too steep?

Fork not new enough?

Too many Pebbles?

hora
    Free Member

Frames bang-tidy 8)

JoeG
    Free Member

If the only problem with the old WTB saddle is the cover wearing out, buy a piece of leather and recover it. I did that to an old WTB of mine. I bought a leather remnant from ebay for a few $, some contact cement at the hardware store, and had some spray adhesive on hand already.

Or get a new ass…

maccruiskeen

You’ve a broken ass…everyone knows the charge spoon is the perfect saddle.

I’ve got one and its not better than OK*****. Its main merit is that its cheap enough that its not upsetting that its not very comfy, my spesh alias is better by a country mile but cost a lot more and is now unobtainable. As for Hora- what saddle did you have before the spoon? Maybe just get another one of them.

But (and someone more might know better) your sciatic nerve does pass through your butt muscles but I don’t think its passes close to where your saddle/sitbones meet each other. Otherwise we’d all have sciatica (instead of just most of us, seemingly).

**** that to say I’ve got a Spoon, not a broken ass

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sciatica nerve- its my saddle. New saddle help’ is closed to new replies.