Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sciatica
  • jam-bo

It’s a bit shit isn’t it.

Any top tips on stretches to alleviate it?

I’ve tried some of the pinkbike lower back videos but the instructor is a bit distracting…

thecaptain
    Free Member

Feeling a bit of stiffness are we?

I found the Mackenzie book useful. Some don’t.

Drac

It’s pain in the arse.

timc
    Free Member

first got it at 29, 35 now, only real cure is to change you lifestyle, get used to stretching, otherwise there is a good chance it will keep coming back!

jam-bo

I think a new office chair is to blame. I’ll be getting my old one back on Monday.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Depends what’s causing it.

I’ve had it from a dodgy lower back some years ago. Core strength and stretching needed. Still do core and stretching.

Had it last year caused by piriformis syndrome. Foam roller on the side of my buttock area sorted it in a few days.

olddog

I got a good physiotherapist, lots of exercises, keep it at bay with yoga.

First got in late 30s, really bad

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I get it due to a lower disc bulge. 🙁
    Pilates helps for me, and nurofen.

Pook

Yep. As others day, get a physiotherapist to take a look as you run the risk of exacerbating it. I’ve got orthopaedic insoles now to correct a wonky foot (4mm wonky) that has domino effected all the way up to my back.

richmars

Starting getting it years ago. Advised that core strength would help, so most weekends I do a fairly quick routine of stomach muscle exercises. Obviously I can’t say for sure that it helps, but it hasn’t been too much of a problem for years.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sciatica’ is closed to new replies.