Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • sci-fi or syfy
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

'sci-fi' or 'syfy' which do you prefur…why have they changed the letters on 'sky' anyway…. there's two much changing of words these days… we are living in a 'text world' and no-one will be able to spell properly anymore ! lol the English language will deminish and b known as english text…

"to be" =2B
    "for you" = 4 u or 4 ya
    " Before =B4
    "sci fi = syfy
    "mate" = m8
    etc, etc ,etc ,etc

i bet there has been many mistakes in the English written exams where text has been used instead of the norm !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

syfy?

si-vee

It looks Welsh so it sounds Welsh (ish).

john_drummer
    Free Member

SF please

elaineanne
    Free Member

sci-fi….'science fiction' written the normal way or (syfy = "syence- fyction" as it would look written in full…..looks horrible to me…lol

GrahamS

Irony filters to maximum Captain!

jahwomble
    Free Member

Is this some kind of test?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

'sci-fi' or 'syfy': which do you prefer[b]? Why[/b] have they changed the letters on 'sky' anyway…. there's too much changing of words these days. We are living in a 'text world' and no-one will be able to spell properly any more! The English language will diminish and be known as English text…

"to be" =2B
    "for you" = 4 u or 4 ya
    " Before =B4
    "sci fi = syfy
    "mate" = m8
    etc, etc ,etc ,etc

I bet there have been many mistakes in English written exams where text has been used instead of the norm!

There! How did I do?

GrahamS

..there's two much changing of words these days..

Nice troll, but you gave yourself away.
    No one that genuinely spells that badly would remember the apostrophe on "there's". 😀

jahwomble
    Free Member

Or use the word "norm" nice try though 🙂

CountZero

It's SF to people who really care. To the less anal of us who read lots of SF and watch films and tv as well, it really doesn't matter, as long as the quality is good. There was something in the paper yesterday about a group of people campaigning about increased use of American ideom and spelling spoiling English, I don't suppose the OP is a member?
    Where did I see it now? Oh, I remember, it was the Mail on Sunday…

vinnyeh

I thought the pc term was now 'genre'. 🙂

syfy is the new name for an old tv channel. I haven't seen it used in other contexts. Since it's a brand name the owners are free to spell it how they wish.

"sci-fi" is an American coined abbreviation abbreviation anyway, which would nullify your rather confused argument.

elaineanne
    Free Member

no ! that was my point…'about the sky channel' ..it used to be named 'sci-fi" but now they changed it to syfy…. its abit like lazy text speaking ! thats how it looks to me anyway… 😉 duh i give up…

luked2
    Free Member

No !
    That was my point 'about the sky channel'. It used to be named 'sci-fi' but now they changed it to syfy. It's a bit like lazy text speaking ! That's how it looks to me anyway. Duh I give up.

Some shockingly judgmental peeple would say that poor punctuation is a bit like lazy forum posting 🙂

bassspine
    Free Member

it's not skiffy it's esseff, and syfy looks wrong

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

OMFG wot iz ur prob? I bt ur rily old ent u? Cud u nt fink of sumin btr 2 bich bowt?

elaineanne
    Free Member

hahahhaha "luked2" I think you had better check your spelling too !!!!! Look at how you spelt 'people'- (you spelt it- 'peeple'…. hahaha, think you shud go back to using 'spell checker' too matey ! Tee-Hee !!!!!

luked2
    Free Member

The ignomini 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

sc-fi never heard other term and just another reason to avoid Murdoch and his empire

elaineanne
    Free Member

look on sky then -flick to sci-fi channel and its spelt different..geez cant be bothered with this thread no more ! 😉

kimbers

the tv channel changed to syfy about a year ago in the states

and im with junkyard, murdoch is a ****

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘sci-fi or syfy’ is closed to new replies.